Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Maidana Hits Harder Than Saul Canelo Alvarez and Victor Ortiz" --- Josesito Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Maidana Hits Harder Than Saul Canelo Alvarez and Victor Ortiz" --- Josesito Lopez

Lopez was asked who has the single hardest punch out of the three and he said that Maidana hits harder than both Canelo and Ortiz. The commentators of the Lopez fight last night mentioned that he vehemently stated this in an interview. Of course Lopez would know better than any of us since he has faced all three in the ring but I'll throw up a poll anyway.
    Marcus Maidana
    57.45%
    Saul Canelo Alvarez
    30.85%
    Victor Ortiz
    5.32%
    All EQUAL
    0.00%
    Undecided / Other
    6.38%

Still couldn't finish Amir Khan...In other Words Amir Khan has one hellava chin.

Comment

Doubt he punches harder than Canelo but he might hit as hard or harder than Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        Still couldn't finish Amir Khan...In other Words Amir Khan has one hellava chin.
        Khan had much better punch resistance when he first moved up to 140 and faced Maidana in one of his early 140 fights, but the body grew naturally since then and he eventually became weakened trying to make the weight.

Similar effects happen to a lot of fights.. Chad Dawson, Manny Pacquiao, Oscar De La Hoya etc.. they've all been weight-drained in certain fights and have looked a lot less durable than when they're fighting at an optimum weight..

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
          Khan had much better punch resistance when he first moved up to 140 and faced Maidana in one of his early 140 fights, but the body grew naturally since then and he eventually became weakened trying to make the weight..
          Khan has Always been chinny and will Always be chinny. Maidana was catching Khan with Clean punches throughout that fight but it took him 10 rounds to seriously hurt him and once he had Khan on queer street he still couldn't finish him. Maidana is a good puncher but not this devastating puncher that some people hype him up to be. Ain't no way he hits harder than someone like Canelo who happens to be much bigger than him.

Comment

Khan and Pac both had better punch resistance when being trained by Ariza. Ariza's fighters never get stopped!

Comment

I would say Maidana. You have a guy in Maidana, who is known for how hard he hits. He has heavy hands, like stone. This guy punches so hard. I think Victor Ortiz was also known for having a decent punch, but not on Maidana's level. Then, you have Canelo who has never been thought of as a heavy puncher. I think he has decent power, but I'm willing to bet that Maidana is the heavier puncher. Regardless of weight class, there are some guys who just have that type of power.

Comment

Maidana does hit like a mule.

Comment

If Lopez says so then there's a good chance it's true. He's definitely not as crisp a puncher as Canelo though.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    Khan has Always been chinny and will Always be chinny. Maidana was catching Khan with Clean punches throughout that fight but it took him 10 rounds to seriously hurt him and once he had Khan on queer street he still couldn't finish him. Maidana is a good puncher but not this devastating puncher that some people hype him up to be. Ain't no way he hits harder than someone like Canelo who happens to be much bigger than him.
                    Khan's reduced punch resistance is tied closely to his weight-draining, we saw how he absorbed Maidana's shots almost effortlessly while Ortiz quit because of the same shots but that was when Khan had recently moved up from 135 and wasn't weight-drained at that point. As his body grew so the effects of weight-draining revealed themselves again, as they have in the past. This move to 147 should, in theory at least, return Khan's durability back to the level we saw against Maidana.

Canelo is bigger but he's only one weight class above. Size and weight can have an impact on punch power though they aren't the sole deciding factors. But yeah I would have guessed that Canelo would be the harder hitter before Lopez stated Maidana hits harder and I got to believe Lopez experience over anyone's guesswork, including my own.

Comment

Working...
                    X