Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Night Champion 2, What's Important?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pez View Post
    have you played the game recently or updated to the latest patch, crillz? i swear they already patched your suggestions. i remember reading in one of the patch notes on the EA forums that back pedalling drains stamina and stops it from regenerating. repeated use of the same punch also gets weaker.
    LOOOOL

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
      what I mean is that if ALL he does is back up then he should lose extra stamina, if he's jabbing and backing up or doing some sort of something other than literally WAITING for me to initiate so they can do a cheesy step back and straight right. something has to stop them from being able to do that and parry's wont cut it, it's going to take in game physics that simply don't allow for the fighter to just run from you

I don't think it's cool to allow someone to back peddle all night, you should lose an extra amount of stamina if all you doing is moving backwards. also they should make it so that you have to mix up your punches, for those who like to throw only those step back and quick rights they should add a tuner that makes the punch lose it's pop if you abuse it

for example you threw 5 hooks, 20 jabs, 13 uppercuts and 118 straight rights, you should lose the pop in your straight right as that fight went along and as well as extra stamina decreased. you shouldn't be able to hide behind 1 punch the whole fight knowing you can just do that and flash KO someone

I think you need to get better at playing the game. I can beat dudes that run. It's the ******ed defense system. It's one thing to run for an entire match its another if you can't get the inside fighter off you at all. It works both ways. I know in some patches once the dumbass who chose Tyson was on you, you couldn't get him off. By the time you did he has landed 50 body shots to your 3 jabs. You end up being more tired than him.

It's the defense that sucks. Allow people to defend from boxers that run so they cant rack up pts, allow outside boxers to defend against inside boxers when they get pinned. It used to be good that way. The dude that runs ends up burning more stamina anyways as he constantly trying to exit the corner, the dude coming forward just changes direction.

It forces players to box smart. In FNC you can get away with fighting stupid if you pick a better boxer. Bishop can potentially win if you spam his right hand over and over again, even if your opponent is aware and tries to avoid and counter. Tyson will beat Ali on most accounts just by coming forward. In previous games you couldn't do this. You had to pick your shots against good players.

Why doesn't EA just work off of what they have and improve it. The physics are great, the greaphics great. The enhanced stamina great. The cuts and damage great. The new punch controls? even better. The defense? ******ed. Why not keep the up and down blocking, but still make it slightly AI for the x factor.
      Last edited by them_apples; 04-13-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        I think you need to get better at playing the game. I can beat dudes that run. It's the ******ed defense system. It's one thing to run for an entire match its another if you can't get the inside fighter off you at all. It works both ways. I know in some patches once the dumbass who chose Tyson was on you, you couldn't get him off. By the time you did he has landed 50 body shots to your 3 jabs. You end up being more tired than him.

It's the defense that sucks. Allow people to defend from boxers that run so they cant rack up pts, allow outside boxers to defend against inside boxers when they get pinned. It used to be good that way. The dude that runs ends up burning more stamina anyways as he constantly trying to exit the corner, the dude coming forward just changes direction.

It forces players to box smart. In FNC you can get away with fighting stupid if you pick a better boxer. Bishop can potentially win if you spam his right hand over and over again, even if your opponent is aware and tries to avoid and counter. Tyson will beat Ali on most accounts just by coming forward. In previous games you couldn't do this. You had to pick your shots against good players.

Why doesn't EA just work off of what they have and improve it. The physics are great, the greaphics great. The enhanced stamina great. The cuts and damage great. The new punch controls? even better. The defense? ******ed. Why not keep the up and down blocking, but still make it slightly AI for the x factor.
        I play just fine, I mix it up and try a little bit of everything. just yesterday some prick 8?-7 comes in and literally doesn't throw much, he just moved and moved and moved and once in a while popped in his straight right, then after 4 rounds he comes in and starts banging away at my body and I dropped almost immediately in a VERY unrealistic way, I was hitting him to basically no effect almost as if my hands wasn't even on the controller

he didn't even stun me nor drop/hurt me and he got two 10-8 rounds which is incredibly frustrating when I know he didn't deserve it. I'm tired of people using unrealistic game technicalities to pull threw fights against me, nobody fights straight up anymore it's like everyone fights like a ***** everybody wants to do that punk ass slide back and straight right and don't get me wrong you have a point on defense but what I'm saying is they would never get a chance to do that to you if the producers just fix the damn game. I kid you not everyone who I ever lost to online LITERALLY ran away from me or did a ****ty flash KO

it's a real let down for me to play this game nowadays, it's almost sad to see what the online game play has been reduced to since the others. it's basically effortless to cut someone all you have to do is throw the same punch over and over again same spot and you basically can't do **** about it because like you said the defense is flawed and the game is literally designed to let people run away from each other. how do you make a fight night game and make it so it's possible to run all day?

they make me a body spammer, it's my only solution to respond to their bull****. I try to mix it up throwing REALISTIC combos, working behind a jab and trying to throw punches in bunches but not recklessly, punches to the head and body all within the same combo which is how it really is in real life yet a guy can go and execute a completely unrealistic fight plan and just flash KO me in 2 seconds, it drains me yo I get real upset to a point where I feel like punching something.

they shouldn't allow that, they should eliminate any chances of that happening by eliminating a crucial amount of stamina when they pull that **** off and completely removing the whole concept of a Flash KO online and offline, I even hate it when I win like that and a good fight is cut short

also don't get me wrong I beat A LOT of runners but there are those who just have that cheesy **** so down pact that they compile records of 100+ with like less than 5 losses all because they doing that bull****, those be the guys that just know the spots and know exactly how to pull that crap and those are the guys whose parades need to be rained on

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
          I play just fine, I mix it up and try a little bit of everything. just yesterday some prick 8?-7 comes in and literally doesn't throw much, he just moved and moved and moved and once in a while popped in his straight right, then after 4 rounds he comes in and starts banging away at my body and I dropped almost immediately in a VERY unrealistic way, I was hitting him to basically no effect almost as if my hands wasn't even on the controller

he didn't even stun me nor drop/hurt me and he got two 10-8 rounds which is incredibly frustrating when I know he didn't deserve it. I'm tired of people using unrealistic game technicalities to pull threw fights against me, nobody fights straight up anymore it's like everyone fights like a ***** everybody wants to do that punk ass slide back and straight right and don't get me wrong you have a point on defense but what I'm saying is they would never get a chance to do that to you if the producers just fix the damn game. I kid you not everyone who I ever lost to online LITERALLY ran away from me or did a ****ty flash KO

it's a real let down for me to play this game nowadays, it's almost sad to see what the online game play has been reduced to since the others. it's basically effortless to cut someone all you have to do is throw the same punch over and over again same spot and you basically can't do **** about it because like you said the defense is flawed and the game is literally designed to let people run away from each other. how do you make a fight night game and make it so it's possible to run all day?

they make me a body spammer, it's my only solution to respond to their bull****. I try to mix it up throwing REALISTIC combos, working behind a jab and trying to throw punches in bunches but not recklessly, punches to the head and body all within the same combo which is how it really is in real life yet a guy can go and execute a completely unrealistic fight plan and just flash KO me in 2 seconds, it drains me yo I get real upset to a point where I feel like punching something.

they shouldn't allow that, they should eliminate any chances of that happening by eliminating a crucial amount of stamina when they pull that **** off and completely removing the whole concept of a Flash KO online and offline, I even hate it when I win like that and a good fight is cut short

also don't get me wrong I beat A LOT of runners but there are those who just have that cheesy **** so down pact that they compile records of 100+ with like less than 5 losses all because they doing that bull****, those be the guys that just know the spots and know exactly how to pull that crap and those are the guys whose parades need to be rained on
          yeah you just have ti fight smart and make sure you pace your self as well. The game does suck though, don't get me wrong. The defense system is aweful and allows for spam assaults like that.

Comment

They should take away the slide move because every game is getting repetitive now and its not that great an addition.. if they took away the slide or reduced power of the shots after a slide that might help a bit

Comment

They need to add robberies. After the fight, an old white guy named Rob Harem whispers, "it was only business, I always liked you."

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
                Fight Night Producer approved Fight Night Survey to see what's most
                important to fans.

http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=NMLKLF_4a8d374f

They wants to know the top 20, top 10 and top 5 things fans want.

They want to see what is important to the fans. They really trying to see what the fans want.

I posted this a few months ago on various sites both boxing and gaming.

*The belief by some is that the survey can be altered to fit what I want but that is farthest from the true than it is. I'm all for letting the fans get what they want. I'm just a huge options guy.
                if it doesnt have "In The Ring" Mode then im not buying it

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  They need to add robberies. After the fight, an old white guy named Rob Harem whispers, "it was only business, I always liked you."
                  they already have robberies, i get robbed online

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    That shjt literally had me in tears!

I agree that the online play is gash though, I either come up against guys who won't throw a punch and bore the **** out of you or guys who spam the body which for some reason you cant block.

The worst one is where I lead off the jab and block and counter a guys spamming punches for 7 rounds and then for some reason my stamina is on 30% while the other guys is like 70% even tho he's only landed like 20% of his shots and thrown more than me, it's an absolute joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
                      That shjt literally had me in tears!

I agree that the online play is gash though, I either come up against guys who won't throw a punch and bore the **** out of you or guys who spam the body which for some reason you cant block.

The worst one is where I lead off the jab and block and counter a guys spamming punches for 7 rounds and then for some reason my stamina is on 30% while the other guys is like 70% even tho he's only landed like 20% of his shots and thrown more than me, it's an absolute joke.
                      I don't get that. Happens to me too. I'm so accurate and conservative and hes missing wilding throwing twice as much, I tire quicker.

Comment

Working...
                      X