Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton repeatedly watched his KO by Pacquiao "every day"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not saying Pac is totally responsible for Hatton's depression, but this is what he saw on the other side of the ring after his second knockdown.

View closer at the face.

Comment

Originally posted by AceNguyen View Post
      Hatton has a very interesting opinion of alcoholism. That is to say, a frighteningly inaccurate one.
      I doubt he would get any help with the way he's talking, He seem to be making excuses and blaming everything.

Comment

now thats REALLY how u ruin a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
          now thats REALLY how u ruin a fighter

Tell me about it.

Seriously though, I hope Ricky owns up to his problems before he ODs or gets thoughts of suicide. He always seemed like a cool guy, hope he gets the help he needs and doesn't settle for making excuses and self-enabling/medicating.

Comment

Hatton repeatedly watched his KO by Pacquiao "every day"

Same move every time....

Comment

^LMFAO

I bet Hatton's watching it like "Damn, that was a nice knockout!"

Comment

Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
                ^LMFAO

I bet Hatton's watching it like "Damn, that was a nice knockout!"
                I should Green K you for having the hero of America in your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  Damn, now I see why Floyd opted for vacation instead of seeing the Pac Monster in the ring. That left hook destroyed Ricky's life, literally. Guy is having panic attacks, blew up by like 60 lbs, drinks and snorts coke... while constantly watching replays of his execution. I guess $60 million isn't enough to deal with those consequences...

This is probably what both Floyd and Ricky see in their nightmares every night:
                  Floyd KO'd Hatton in the same fashion. Stop lying to yourself. Ever since he lost to Floyd his career went downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by jonarie View Post
                    Not saying Pac is totally responsible for Hatton's depression, but this is what he saw on the other side of the ring after his second knockdown.

View closer at the face.
                    He's adjusting gum shield.

Comment

Originally posted by jonarie View Post
                      :

In a confrontational interview that clearly did not go according to the wishes of the people paying for it, Hatton danced around the facts with as much skill as he once showed in the ring. "Problem?" he said in answer to questions about his cocaine use. "What problem?" Neither does Hatton regard his alcohol intake with the same concern as those close to him. "You would associate alcoholism with shorts like whisky and vodka – but I have never really had that."
                      right after the mayweather fight:

Round One began on Friday. Ricky downed six pints of lager near his flat. He then sank another three lagers, six pints of Guinness and five vodka and Red Bulls in Tramp nightclub.

Round Two the next day saw Ricky supping another six lagers in preparation for a night out at The Dubliner.

There, he polished off seven pints of Guinness, two pints of rum and the alcopop WKD, three whisky chasers, and three vodka and Red Bulls.

Before the boxer finally stumbled into a taxi at 3am, a witness said: "He was bladdered, totally blotto - but still an absolute gent."

Round Three on Sunday saw Ricky, of Stockport, despatch five pints of lager in various bars during the day. Then he whiled away the evening at Blaydon Races aided by five pints of Guinness, five vodka and Red Bulls and two vodkas.

Round Four on New Year's Eve had to be something special. Ricky limbered up with six pints of lager, a huge burger and extra large chips.

Two seats, guarded by bouncers, were reserved at Blaydon Races. Ricky and Jennifer arrived at 10pm to an impromptu chorus from revellers of Blue Moon, the Manchester City anthem which the fighter enters the ring to. The hero then settled in to seven pints of Guinness followed by four pints of rum and WKD.

At midnight, Hatton downed one bottle and shared the rest with friends. He then drank four vodka and Red Bulls and two vodka shots before leaving unsteadily at 3am.

A recommended weekly alcohol intake for men is about 22 units or 11 pints of weak beer. Ricky, who famously balloons by up to 40lbs between fights, had a bare minimum of 144 units in four days.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...#ixzz100CI6kj6

Hatton "can't stop crying"

by Mark Doyle, 20 December 2007

Ricky Hatton has revealed he cannot stop crying in the wake of his devastating welterweight title defeat to Floyd Mayweather.

‘The Hitman’ was stopped in the tenth round of his bout with the WBC champion in Las Vegas a fortnight ago and Hatton freely admits that the loss, the first of his professional career, has had a massive effect on him.

“I feel like a woman at the minute - I can't stop crying. All that's missing is a pair of t*ts,” the 29-year-old Mancunian is quoted as saying by metro.co.uk.

“I feel like my world has come to an end
                      . It's going to take a while for me to get my head round it. The biggest fight of my life was the biggest disappointment.

“I think the problem was I lost my head a bit. I was feeling sorry for myself.”

However, Hatton is not entertaining any thoughts of retirement and is planning to drop back down to 140lbs and prove that he is still one of the finest fighters in the world.

“I'm still the best light-welterweight in the world, so I'll get over it,' he claimed. “I'll be back.”

Comment

Working...
                      X