No announcement yet.

Calabasas students partake in "kick a ginger day"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Calabasas students partake in "kick a ginger day"

CALABASAS, Calif. (CNS) -- Students at a middle school in Calabasas may have attacked a redheaded classmate as part of "kick a ginger day," an Internet spoof inspired by an episode of the "South Park" cartoon show, a sheriff's lieutenant said today.

As many as 14 students at A.E. Wright Middle School kicked and hit the 12-year-old, who has red hair and freckles, twice on Friday, said sheriff's Lt. Richard Erickson of the Malibu-Lost Hills station.

The attacks were brief and the student was not seriously injured, Erickson said. All of the attackers appeared to be other seventh or eighth graders at the school, he added.

Authorities were unaware of any other attacks on redheads on Friday, but were looking into whether the incident might be related to "kick a ginger day," which began last Nov. 20 when some young people circulated messages on the Internet urging people to beat up redheads on that day.

Similar Internet messages were spread on Facebook and other Internet sites this year, Erickson said.

The term "ginger" comes from a "South Park" episode first aired in 2005 that satirized racial intolerance, but did not use the term "kick a ginger day."

Erickson said investigators were looking into whether the attacks were related to scores of messages on Facebook calling for another "National Kick a Ginger Day" this Nov. 20. But he stressed that investigators were not sure Friday's attacks were sparked by the Internet messages.

Anyone with any information about the attack was asked to call the Malibu-Lost Hills sheriff's station at (818) 878-5536.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=7131943

That's all.

Comment

I can't believe whoever wrote that article is trying to claim the word "ginger" used to refer to a redheaded person was invented by South Park, a few years ago.

It's probably been used for centuries.

Comment

LOL, LOL, LOL, this made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by markj_87 View Post
          I can't believe whoever wrote that article is trying to claim the word "ginger" used to refer to a redheaded person was invented by South Park, a few years ago.

It's probably been used for centuries.
          That's part of what I found to be funny. The word Ginger is very old although has mixed origins. Hardly an invention from South Park.

Comment

hahahahaha...my cousin went tot he middle school..forwarding the article now

Comment

im the only one who feels bad for the kid? that got up and went to school, and had 14 random people attack him at a young age where his view of the world is developing? he could have some serious psychological trauma from that.. he could end up having a really low self esteem from that. its already hard being so different from everyone else

i can see the humor in it but this kind of thing makes me hate people, which makes me capable of hurting them and not feeling remorse. which makes me capable of being a monster worse than the people i hate because i'm conscious of it
              Last edited by Talon; 11-23-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                im the only one who feels bad for the kid? that got up and went to school, and had 14 random people attack him at a young age where his view of the world is developing? he could have some serious psychological trauma from that.. he could end up having a really low self esteem from that. its already hard being so different from everyone else

i can see the humor in it but this kind of thing makes me hate people, which makes me capable of hurting them and not feeling remorse. which makes me into one of the people i hate.
                Ain't that the truth. Just ask Carrot Top, and Danny Bonaduce.

Comment

gingers are oppressed minorities

Comment

I saw that.. south park sucks anyways

and if anyone should get beat up for being a ginger then let it be Carrot Top..that guy is freakin annoying

Comment

Working...
                    X