Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather. Why I view Manny as a VERY dangerous opponent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather. Why I view Manny as a VERY dangerous opponent.

Not overlooking Cotto.

What happened on Saturday doesn't indicate what Mayweather would be able to do against an opponent like Manny Pacquiao. While Juan Manuel Marquez was indeed the smaller guy, Marquez's style was also tailor made for Floyd Mayweather. Very few have been able to counter punch against Mayweather, Zab Judah being one of them; dude is fast and a south paw. Marquez doesn't have that type of athletic ability. Marquez has been more about timing.

Pacquiao has the speed to match Mayweather; is a south paw, so the shoulder roll won't be as effective. Pacquiao has the foot speed/ foot work/ angles to make Mayweather VERY uncomfortable. Also a new found more developed right hook. Jesus Chavez/ JLC were able to land right hands over the top against Mayweather and they fight out of an orthodox stance, Marquez did as well but rarely. Much easier for a south paw to land right hooks against Mayweather, especially one as athletic as Pacquiao. Also, Manny Pacquiao's 5'6 height would be VERY beneficial, in that, like Jesus Chavez, who is short; Pacquiao will be able to land over the top with the right hook.

We have to look at Zab Judah's success against Mayweather. Zab Judah stopped throwing the jab because he was being countered with left hooks over the top.

So Mayweather managed to take away one of his weapons and proceeded to break him down to the body. I don't see Mayweather having that sort of success against Pacquiao, Pacquiao is a VERY explosive combination puncher . He will jab to the body though, which is MUCH less of a risk. I don't think Zab Judah wasn't conditioned enough to go the 12 rounds with Mayweather, I believe he was. It had more to do with Mayweather's precise/ constant body attack.

Some may disagree but to me, Pacquiao's hand speed is slightly slower then Judah's. But Pacquiao's foot speed compensates for that. I've already mentioned that Pacquiao is more consistent so, who has Mayweather faced that has the stamina/ activity that Manny Pacquiao brings? No one. Would Mayweather be able to attack the body (As he did against Judah) without getting hit upstairs against an explosive combination puncher in Pacquiao? I have a hard time seeing that. What Mayweather vs. Marquez proved is that, Marquez isn't no where nearly as good of a weight jumper as Pacquiao. A good debate is, comparing Pacquiao's power/ hand speed with Judah's.

Next I'll make a thread as to why Pacquiao is gonna beat Cotto.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-22-2009, 07:52 PM.

I give your analysis a B-.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Not overlooking Cotto.

What happened on Saturday doesn't indicate what Mayweather would be able to do against an opponent like Manny Pacquiao. While Juan Manuel Marquez was indeed the smaller guy, Marquez's style was also tailor made for Floyd Mayweather. Very few have been able to counter punch against Mayweather, Zab Judah being one of them; dude is fast and a south paw. Marquez doesn't have that type of athletic ability. Marquez has been more about timing.

Pacquiao has the speed to match Mayweather; is a south paw, so the shoulder roll won't be as effective. Pacquiao has the foot speed/ foot work/ angles to make Mayweather VERY uncomfortable. Also a new found more developed right hook. Jesus Chavez/ JLC were able to land right hands over the top against Mayweather and they fight out of an orthodox stance, Marquez did as well but rarely. Much easier for a south paw to land right hooks against Mayweather, especially one as athletic as Pacquiao. Also, Manny Pacquiao's 5'6 height would be VERY beneficial, in that, like Jesus Chavez, who is short; Pacquiao will be able to land over the top with the right hook.

We have to look at Zab Judah's success against Mayweather. Zab Judah stopped throwing the jab because he was being countered with left hooks over the top.

So Mayweather managed to take away one of his weapons and proceeded to break him down to the body. I don't see Mayweather having that sort of success against Pacquiao, Pacquiao is a VERY explosive combination puncher . He will jab to the body though, which is MUCH less of a risk. I don't think Zab Judah wasn't conditioned enough to go the 12 rounds with Mayweather, I believe he was. It had more to do with Mayweather's precise/ constant body attack.

Some may disagree but to me, Pacquiao's hand speed is slightly slower then Judah's. But Pacquiao's foot speed compensates for that. I've already mentioned that Pacquiao is more consistent so, who has Mayweather faced that has the stamina/ activity that Manny Pacquiao brings? No one. Would Mayweather be able to attack the body (As he did against Judah) without getting hit upstairs against an explosive combination puncher in Pacquiao? I have a hard time seeing that. What Mayweather vs. Marquez prove is that, Marquez isn't no where nearly as good of a weight jumper as Pacquiao. A good debate is, comparing Pacquiao's power/ hand speed with Judah.

Next I'll make a thread as to why Pacquiao is gonna beat Cotto.
      Pac has no defense and with PBF's precision punching, theres no way ******* wins that fight. I honestly think cotto will take him out very easily

Comment

I think floyd could of knocked out marquez if he really tried hard enough,it was important for him to go the distance to get used to it again.

Pacquiao might be a bit better than marquez pac has more speed and i don't agree that he's got a great footwork hes always doin the same,which is bounce in and out,you cant compare him with money may no way..he would last 12 rounds i think but at the end floyds boxing abilities would batter pac badly.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          My analysis would suck if Pacquiao doesn't have the power to hurt Cotto. That right there would change everything. Jesus Chavez isn't anything like Pacquiao but people need to watch that fight.

Comment

i agree he is very dangerous,but i just cant see any way of him outlanding floyd

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
              i agree he is very dangerous,but i just cant see any way of him outlanding floyd
              Think B-Hop vs Calzaghe, a little example. Someone is landing very accurate shots, the other isn't as accurate but is MORE active.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                **** i give his analysis a F- here why to begin with people for get that judah is a real welter weight that could hurt may and pac is not and that alone makes a huge difference. pac has and will never be able to fight a smart offensive fight he just doest have the skills to do it or the brains. pac is very sloppy when he attacks and leaves himself open to counters.you need to be an intelligent fighter to beat may. if pac was a real welter weight then yes pac would murder him. at the end of the day pac aint big enough or smart enough to beat floyd

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                  **** i give his analysis a F- here why to begin with people for get that judah is a real welter weight that could hurt may and pac is not and that alone makes a huge difference. pac has and will never be able to fight a smart offensive fight he just doest have the skills to do it or the brains. pac is very sloppy when he attacks and leaves himself open to counters.you need to be an intelligent fighter to beat may. if pac was a real welter weight then yes pac would murder him. at the end of the day pac aint big enough or smart enough to beat floyd
                  That is why I said, you can debate as to Pacquiao being faster then/ having more power then Zab Judah. Your opinion if he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    Think B-Hop vs Calzaghe, a little example. Someone is landing very accurate shots, the other isn't as accurate but is MORE active.
                    b-hop doesnt have floyds defense skills,two different fighters..floyd benefits from fighters like that thats what he wants..its not always easy to stay active..i think marquez tried it didnt work.

Comment

Working...
                    X