No announcement yet.

Marquez will be KTFO in 8 max come saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez will be KTFO in 8 max come saturday

Just watching the Diaz/Marquez fight on HBO man you can get hit like that vs Diaz.. but not vs Floyd who had excellent power at 135 but is weighing more than that. Honestly go watch the Diaz fight (great fight btw) you can't be getting hit flush like that so much vs the likes of Floyd, Marquez better make sure he never goes above 135 imo too.. Diaz was rocking him at times. Marquez defence was flat out terrible...

No way he wins at all and he will be KTFO by Floyd inside 8 ill take bets on it but i don't have much points But seriously Floyd has loads of advantages:

Physical strength, Marquez looked bigger then Diaz but as Steward said Diaz was stronger man and was bossing the fight for the first 6.

Better defence Floyd's takes this by a mile

Bigger puncher: Floyd he even rested his hands too

Footwork: Floyd..

Speed: Again Floyd by a mile

I noticed why people were acting down on this fight now its not cause of the weight, which is a small factor, its that while Marquez is a hard entertaining fighter he is out gunned by Floyd in every department
    Before round 9
    27.78%
    He wins only by Dec
    27.78%
    Marquez will own him
    44.44%

I don't see Floyd KOing JMM. I see him winning a close decision though. 115-113 or 116-112 range.....But wouldn't be at all surprised to see JMM pull it out either. Should be a stiff test for Floyd, especiallyafter being out of the ring so long.

Comment

A KO is certainly possible, maybe even likely. Floyd has fast hands, decent power, and Marquez is, without doubt, hittable, smaller, and a massive underdog in this fight. Floyd should win, and if he does win by KO, I think it'll be more likely within 6, rather than 8. However, if JMM manages to make it past 6 and take Floyd deep, then an upset is very possible.

I think JMM wins maybe 1 round of the first 6, and if he makes it past the 6th, he should win nearly every round past then, but is still unlikely to win a decision (Judges are always FMJ Friendly, it seems). If JMM wins, I think it's going to be by KO in the 11th or 12th. Floyd's stamina has never been completely tested, and while I don't look for it to be tested here either, I think JMM will have much more in the tank in the last 5 rounds than Floyd, and if he can keep pressuring him, he could land that luck counter or combination in the last couple of rounds that would make this one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Comment

....and you can't expect floyd to throw as many punches as diaz...

Comment

Yeah probably..............

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
            he doesnt need too honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
              Diaz isn't nearly as accurate as Floyd nor he is that great a pressure fighter imo

Comment

mid to late round stoppage. floyd need an impressive win if he wants to fight the winner of pac/cotto. a defensive UD wont cut it

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
                  A KO is certainly possible, maybe even likely. Floyd has fast hands, decent power, and Marquez is, without doubt, hittable, smaller, and a massive underdog in this fight. Floyd should win, and if he does win by KO, I think it'll be more likely within 6, rather than 8. However, if JMM manages to make it past 6 and take Floyd deep, then an upset is very possible.

I think JMM wins maybe 1 round of the first 6, and if he makes it past the 6th, he should win nearly every round past then, but is still unlikely to win a decision (Judges are always FMJ Friendly, it seems). If JMM wins, I think it's going to be by KO in the 11th or 12th. Floyd's stamina has never been completely tested, and while I don't look for it to be tested here either, I think JMM will have much more in the tank in the last 5 rounds than Floyd, and if he can keep pressuring him, he could land that luck counter or combination in the last couple of rounds that would make this one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.
                  You sound ignorant... Floyds stamina has never been tested? Really?
                  What makes you think JMM has the advantage in the second half of the fight? Thats where Floyd usually comes on strong

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                    You sound ignorant... Floyds stamina has never been tested? Really?
                    What makes you think JMM has the advantage in the second half of the fight? Thats where Floyd usually comes on strong
                    Floyd has never been in the ring against a pressure fighter for 12 rounds of high activity. He's fought pressure fighters, but those fights never went late, and he always managed to keep out of big trouble. He's quick, slick, and very difficult to put leather on.

And I'm not saying he'll crumble late, either, just that I think he'll be easier for JMM to put leather on after 6, and while I'm sure Floyd is in good shape, JMM will be in even better shape, and will have a slight advantage late because of it. Will there be an upset? Unlikely (otherwise it wouldn't be much of an upset), but if it happens, it'll be late.

And before you go calling someone who's been watching boxing longer than you've been alive ignorant, maybe you ought to consider your own ignorance.

If you disagree, try saying so, and why, rather than being insulting. This isn't a kindergarden playground, and you don't have to be a dickhead when you're trying to make your point. I can understand it just as well when you're congenial as when you're being stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X