Chris Eubank: "Ali the best P4P fighter ever!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chip Douglas View Post
    I was talking out terrell and liston sorry for the grammatical error
    Liston not known for his jab? Ask any boxing historian to name the three best Heavyweight jabs in boxing history and damn near EVERY one of them will have Holmes and Liston as two of the three

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
      i love ali, he beat the best heavyweight comp in history but no.his in fighting was sub par.ray on the other hand could do everything, and beat countless hall of famers.
      Ali's fighting was "sub par"? Wow. I'm just shaking my head at some of these comments.

Comment

\
        Originally posted by street bully View Post
        How could Ali not deal with the jab?

Liston was known to have one of the best jabs in histroy and Ali nullified it and destroyed him

Terell had a GREAT jab and Ali dusted him with eaase.
        Ali couldnt deal with a JAB?

based off what evidence? That guys needs to have a factual foundation before trying to build BS on top of it

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Liston not known for his jab? Ask any boxing historian to name the three best Heavyweight jabs in boxing history and damn near EVERY one of them will have Holmes and Liston as two of the three

Poet
          I only go off of what I see, I've only seen the two fights with ali and a few of his fights in the late 60s. From what I saw it wasn't as great as you guys say it is. A good jab to me is something like Ali's or Wlad's, it hurts you, busts you up, cuts you, and discourages you.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Ali's fighting was "sub par"? Wow. I'm just shaking my head at some of these comments.
            Ali probably had the greatest resume of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              Ali probably had the greatest resume of all time.
              Norton, Frazier, Foreman, Chuvalo, Shavers, Patterson, Quarry, Mathis(very underrated, him and his son), Quarry, Bonavena, Liston, Moore,Folley. Ali has one of the best if not, prolly the best resume of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Douglas View Post
                I only go off of what I see, I've only seen the two fights with ali and a few of his fights in the late 60s. From what I saw it wasn't as great as you guys say it is. A good jab to me is something like Ali's or Wlad's, it hurts you, busts you up, cuts you, and discourages you.
                Liston knocked guys out with his jab. By comparison, Wlad's jab is a pawing range-finder that only gets touted because of a LACK of quality Heavyweight jabs over the past 10 years. It looks good compared the pathetic jabs in the division today, but not in any historical perspective.

Poet

Comment

Why is eubank jumping on Alis wagon for. I dont know who the best p4p boxer ever is. I havent seen all of them, and dont know every boxers history, so im not going to say SRR.
                  But it cant be ali can it? He couldnt fight on the inside and was just a dancer and jabber who could take punishment.

Comment

a heavy weight being considered the very best p4p of all time, is pushing it. you never see the kind of ability you would by a p4p great in a lower weight division.
                    ali is overrated in my opinion. lol hes a back in the day mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Picazo View Post
                      a heavy weight being considered the very best p4p of all time, is pushing it. you never see the kind of ability you would by a p4p great in a lower weight division.
                      ali is overrated in my opinion. lol hes a back in the day mayweather.
                      look at his resume, watch his fights. you won't be saying that afterwards

Comment

Working...
                      X