Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what was the deal with Manfredy and his whole religious 180?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what was the deal with Manfredy and his whole religious 180?

I was kind of young when Angel Manfredy started fighting but wasn't he supposed to be like a satan worshipper or at least that has his gimmick at 1st? He was sort of a heel of some kind as his boxing persona I know that. Then later on in his career hen he started losing he was a born again christian and talking jesus this and jesus that......the whole thing was kind of bizarre, or did I misunderstand the situation?

I upladed this,

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I was kind of young when Angel Manfredy started fighting but wasn't he supposed to be like a satan worshipper or at least that has his gimmick at 1st? He was sort of a heel of some kind as his boxing persona I know that. Then later on in his career hen he started losing he was a born again christian and talking jesus this and jesus that......the whole thing was kind of bizarre, or did I misunderstand the situation?
      he had tatoos that represented the duality of his personality from the evil of the devil to the righteousness of god. he wasnt a devil worshipper, but just a bad kid.

Comment

watch manfredys ring walk

Comment

Creepy stuff, good thing Mayweather whopped that ass.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
            he had tatoos that represented the duality of his personality from the evil of the devil to the righteousness of god. he wasnt a devil worshipper, but just a bad kid.
            Yea this is exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post

Floyd put it on him. I think this was Floyd first title defense too. And, you know Floyd is underrated finisher. The only fighter I can remember he hurt/dropped but didn't stop was Corley @ 140. Everybody else he stopped. I can't remember of another fighter he hurt or dropped that he didn't stop. Can any of you guys? I think he was on his way to stopping Judah before the riot broke out...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Floyd put it on him. I think this was Floyd first title defense too. And, you know Floyd is underrated finisher. The only fighter I can remember he hurt/dropped but didn't stop was Corley @ 140. Everybody else he stopped. I can't remember of another fighter he hurt or dropped that he didn't stop. Can any of you guys? I think he was on his way to stopping Judah before the riot broke out...
                There were 2-3 rounds in a row I believe that became dull to watch against Corley. It went from VERY exciting to 2-3 rounds being boring because Mayweather messed up his right hand. There was little to no power in his right and Corley (When Corley was hit with the right) looked at Mayweather as if to say "Those aren't the right hands I was getting hit with earlier" - said Merchant. I got the same vibe also. I believe he would have stopped Zab Judah, I strongly believe that.

Comment

He is from my hometown Gary, IN. His old trainer use to box with mty grandfather. Floyd gave him the biz. But I think Corrales whooped him worse than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post

Very disturbing actually.....but thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                    X