Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rigondeaux's textbook footwork beat Lomachenko's unorthodox footwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    I promise that Rigondeaux won't go quiet and will make Lomachenko work HARD for the win. You'll see

Plus he has some advantages too
    Rigo might have a longer reach which can be very important for a fighter who loves to fight on the outside like Rigo. Basically, a guy who will impose his comfortable distance wins this fight and Rigo has some tools to do that
    Good point about the reach. Rigo has a 2-3 inch reach advantage so he should be able to work from the outside.

I just think Loma will win. It's not a diss to Rigo in any way. I have the utmost respect for both fighters.

I usually pick the guy with the longer reach but I just think Loma 's size will be the deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Respectfully, do you think this list supports my point or refutes it? frankly, that you can name these fights so easily, and you've listed like 10, that only makes my point for me.

Take Hagler-lost to SRL, beat Hearns, Duran, Mugabi. Just as an example.
      Pacquiao going up in weight.
      Floyd going up in weight.
      DLH going up in weight.
      Donaire going up in weight.
      Roy Jones going up in weight.
      Toney going up in weight.
      Crawford going up in weight.
      Cotto going up in weight.
      Hopkins going up in weight.
      Ward going up in weight.
      Serio Martinez going up in weight.
      Duran going up in weight.

Now, were these guys almost always losing when they went up in weight which is what you stated originally? The answer is no, so you saying that a big good man always beats a small good man is unfounded and quite frankly stupid. Are there such cases, yes of course, sometimes size makes a difference, sometimes it doesn't and it's the skills, and if you go fight by fight the stats do not support your statement. As a matter of fact they would support the opposite of what you're saying, but I am not going to say a small good fighter almost always beats a big good fighter.

Comment

I promise that Rigondeaux won't go quiet and will make Lomachenko work HARD for the win. You'll see

Plus he has some advantages too
        Rigo might have a longer reach which can be very important for a fighter who loves to fight on the outside like Rigo. Basically, a guy who will impose his comfortable distance wins this fight and Rigo has some tools to do that
        Great post! I think prime for prime Rigo schools Loma at whatever weight they fight in, right now though Rigo is past his prime and while still great I am wondering what his timing, reaction time and energy levels are at 37 and being inactive for a number of years.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          Great post! I think prime for prime Rigo schools Loma at whatever weight they fight in, right now though Rigo is past his prime and while still great I am wondering what his timing, reaction time and energy levels are at 37 and being inactive for a number of years.
          Nobody schools Loma and nobody schools Rigo, they're not that caliber of fighters to let anybody school them

Comment

No. A good big man almost always beats a good little man. I don’t see this changing in his fight. Loma ko10.
            Pacquiao going up in weight.
            Floyd going up in weight.
            DLH going up in weight.
            Donaire going up in weight.
            Roy Jones going up in weight.
            Toney going up in weight.
            Crawford going up in weight.
            Cotto going up in weight.
            Hopkins going up in weight.
            Ward going up in weight.
            Serio Martinez going up in weight.
            Duran going up in weight.

Now, were these guys almost always losing when they went up in weight which is what you stated originally? The answer is no, so you saying that a big good man always beats a small good man is unfounded and quite frankly stupid. Are there such cases, yes of course, sometimes size makes a difference, sometimes it doesn't and it's the skills, and if you go fight by fight the stats do not support your statement. As a matter of fact they would support the opposite of what you're saying, but I am not going to say a small good fighter almost always beats a big good fighter.
            Look at my initial post. See bolded and underlined. Now look at your post. See the bolded.

What I posted is one of the oldest adages in boxing. I'm surprised you would attribute that saying to me.

I have no problem if you disagree with my post, just please make sure you are responding to what I posted rather than something you misinterpreted or misread.

As to your post, please don't confuse going up with going up and taking on a great fighter. There is a difference.

Comment

Unorthodox footwork equals wild shyt; I been waiting for Loma to get clocked, is Rigo the man to do it IDK

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                Again, will Loma will be able to take Rigo's left?

Has his chin been tested? I know, Rigo may be chiny...
                Won't matter if Loma can take it or not. His face was lumping up,
                last fight and Marriaga barely touched him. If Rigs lands clean a couple times, Loma's face will start to swell. If Loma uses the guard to block punches his face will start to swell. He seems to have tender facial tissue. Vision, and confidence may start to be impaired. Loma seemed a bit bothered that Marriaga was able to bust him up a little. How will he react mentally when Rigs starts making him look like the elephant man?

Comment

Nobody schools Loma and nobody schools Rigo, they're not that caliber of fighters to let anybody school them
                  We've seen Loma get schooled, we're yet to see Rigo being schooled.

Comment

We've seen Loma get schooled, we're yet to see Rigo being schooled.
                    Come on, Salido fight wasn't schooling at all. Schooling is what you call one sided fights and not competitive, close ones especially considering that Lomachenko ended up being stronger fighter in the late rounds and threw more clean punches if my memory serves. Selimov fight? That was competitive too

We might bring up Cordoba fight then, Rigondeaux looked terrible in this one. I'm saying that this caliber of fighters can't be schooled

Comment

Look at my initial post. See bolded and underlined. Now look at your post. See the bolded.

What I posted is one of the oldest adages in boxing. I'm surprised you would attribute that saying to me.

I have no problem if you disagree with my post, just please make sure you are responding to what I posted rather than something you misinterpreted or misread.

As to your post, please don't confuse going up with going up and taking on a great fighter. There is a difference.
                      In my haste I didn't put ALMOST as in almost always, so yeah you're still wrong on that and others who say it are wrong too. Now you're changing your tune to moving up against a great fighter, not just a good fighter. Take this as a learning experience and don't ever say again a big good guy almost always beats a small good guy - I am not quoting you word for word

Comment

Working...
                      X