Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'd Love a Thurman Rematch To Get Those Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave Danny 4 rounds max. No rematch needed it's clear who the better fighter is. Porter deserves a rematch before Danny, that fight was actually close. And then fight the winner of Brook/Spence at the end of the year.

Comment

Garcia never gave Herrera a rematch, he can go pound sand (or more Salka's).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        The Garcia gameplan was wrong. Thurman has excellent footwork. Danny chose to follow and box instead of bringing pressure. He'll never beat One Time in the middle of the ring. Thurman cannot take pressure.
        ... and Garcia isn't a pressure fighter -- he's a mid range counter puncher... Garcia doesn't hold a well educated jab to set the distance and build the pressure with...

Comment

Oscar one 8-4 worse 7-5 out punched him outlanded him by large margins you just don't count last 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            sounds like floyd-pac. what a schooling that was...
            As I said in the other thread, Garcia got embarrassed by Thurman the same way Manny got embarrassed by TBE. Literally nearly the exact same strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Just studied the film in slowmotion ; I'm team DSG but my boy lost and will lose again fighting passively not checking/countering Thurmans attack inside the pocket : if you examine the rounds in most instances when they traded Thurman went for it a lot more -- he took more risk in other words and it paid off...
              Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              I also watched in slow mo. A lot of the big shots I thought Danny landed actually missed or grazed. A lot of the wide rights it looked like Danny blocked from Thurman, actually snuck in around the gloves. Thurman was faster and more precise with his punches. He also moved his head more while throwing so when they had big exchanges where it looked like both landed, or Danny blocked Thurman's shots and landed his own, in reality Thurman was the one landing and avoiding Danny's big shots, or making them graze and not land clean...
              Refreshing to read some objective posts by the losing fighter's supporters. Props to you guys.

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing a rematch at some point. But not right away. The fight wasn't close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
                wasn't close enough to warrant a immediate rematch. danny should stay away from porter he would get mauled & spence/brook would beat him too.
                i think garcia does good against fighter that maule. it might me a great fight to make after porter gets threw Berto which should be easy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Danny's problem is that he doesn't really know how to apply pressure. Even a jelly legged Khan survived a long time against him. He's great when he can sit and counter, but he sucks when he is forced to advance.

Maybe he needs to push his father to one side. Every fight where he struggles is due to the opponent making him come forward. It's been a problem for years and his father doesn't seem capable of doing anything about it.
                  couldn't of said it better truth right there. danny just cant lead and come foward which is weird for a puerto rican but i guess not too weird for a philly fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    This is funny and ironic coming from 2 alt accounts and one
                    of them who only posts when a Hoe Rican is fighting.

Btw I never went anywhere. I was right there that night giving him his props:

And yea I edited the post cause I made a typo and Im OCD like that.
                    Alt account? I've been here longer then you, why the fuk do I need an alt account for? Anything I need to say I'll say it here. And yes, I barely post here because these forums are full of trolls and dummys.
                    Last edited by Lords; 03-07-2017, 04:29 AM. Reason: abc

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      Alt account? I've been here longer then you, why the fuk do I need an alt account for? Anything I need to say I'll say it here. And yes, I barely post here because these forums are full of trolls and dummys.
                      You would know.

And joined date means nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X