Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Anti-PBC : "PBC Model Is Too Much Of A Gamble, High Risk"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully once Khan retires, him an Al Haymon will join forces and take over the UK market

Hearn is way out of his depth, any sane minded boxer would choose to go with Al Haymon

Brook makes 250K for a fight, with Al he could be making a million per fight

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      With PBC can't really say if it will succeed or fail right now. It has been in business now 9-10 months. Not sure if they're making or losing money, can't really guy by "Some Guy On Reddit" and I'm certainly not buy a guy who who can't even Credentials to most major boxing events but somehow he is suppose to have inside info on the most Mysterious man in boxing in Al Haymon

Comment

I don't he came across as anti-pbc. He was complimentary towards Haymon and everything he's done, he just doesn't think the business model will work long term.

Comment

PBC's lack of consistency with dates and network is their biggest flaw in gaining traction in the US market. I follow boxing pretty closely, but am unaware when and what network the next PBC broadcast is. The product (fighter's popularity/matchups) isn't strong enough to have that level of scheduling inconsistency because it diminishes viewership, which will be his revenue driver.

It's high risk/high reward. If it pans out, he has a multi billion dollar enterprise.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Yeah I'm sure guy who spend most of their day on a Boxing Forum has all of the inside information right?

People can barely catch Haymon on Camera how the hell do you know how much money he is losing or making

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
              PBC's lack of consistency with dates and network is their biggest flaw in gaining traction in the US market. I follow boxing pretty closely, but am unaware when and what network the next PBC broadcast is. The product (fighter's popularity/matchups) isn't strong enough to have that level of scheduling inconsistency because it diminishes viewership, which will be his revenue driver.

It's high risk/high reward. If it pans out, he has a multi billion dollar enterprise.
              This right here.

PBC actually basically made me stop watching boxing except for when I randomly catch it on, because its never on the same place at the same time and advertising when it would be happening again.

Its not like Friday night Fights on ESPN, which as a fan, was great.

Then HBO and Sho, always giving you a lineup of their fight schedule.

Now the HBO Shotime fight schedule has been fairly light, and PBC randomly sprinkles talent in undisclosed locations at undisclosed times, and expects us to find it.

Comment

In others word my mismatches are cheap

Comment

Working...
                X