No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali vs Ray Mercer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali vs Ray Mercer

Let's say that the Mercer who beat Morrison replaced Chuvalo in 1966 against Muhammad Ali. Chuvalo was a troublesome opponent. Could Mercer be even more trouble against prime Ali?

Uncle Ben, now I think you might need to lay down on the couch and talk to someone. I’ve Followed Mercer Career and seen him fight live countless times.
    With that ray face would be swollen up and cut up like a cantaloupe on a hot summer afternoon. I’m speechless. And that’s that

Comment

Your threads are the absolute worst. What do you do, draw the names from a hat and then propose a mythical matchup? You need to Sto-piss!

Comment

Prime Mercer was boxed up with ease and looked silly against an old washed up Holmes with arthritis and elderly issues.

So keeping that in mind, of course he would beat a young Clay at his physical peak.

Comment

The Mercer that beat Morrison was not near the Mercer that fought Lewis. The later Mercer that fought Lewis had developed a strong jab, had more experience and took training more seriously. A good example of a version of Mercer that didn't take it seriously is the one that blew a title opportunity and tried(allegedly) to bribe Ferguson.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            Prime Mercer was boxed up with ease and looked silly against an old washed up Holmes with arthritis and elderly issues.
            People keep forgetting about that.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
              Let's say that the Mercer who beat Morrison replaced Chuvalo in 1966 against Muhammad Ali. Chuvalo was a troublesome opponent. Could Mercer be even more trouble against prime Ali?
              No way in hell would Mercer beat Ali or come close to it. He wouldget chopped up and outboxed. Mercer was getting outboxed by Francisco Damiani. Ali is the worst style for Mercer.

Comment

Ali would have boxed circles around Mercer. Mercer probably lands a few more head shots than Chuvalo, I'm not sure if he fairs any better though as for whatever skill Mercer had over Chuvalo, Chuvalo made up for it with guts.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                  Ali would have boxed circles around Mercer. Mercer probably lands a few more head shots than Chuvalo, I'm not sure if he fairs any better though as for whatever skill Mercer had over Chuvalo, Chuvalo made up for it with guts.
                  Do you think Mercer could take Chuvalo?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Do you think Mercer could take Chuvalo?
                    I think on a good night he decisions Chuvalo. Chuvalo really wasn't that good he could just take stupid punishment. What do you think?

Like in Ali vs Chuvalo 1 the only reason he got anything done was because Ali literally hit his head so much his hands starting going numb.

Comment

Working...
                    X