No announcement yet.

Garage Gym Equipment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Garage Gym Equipment

looking for a power rack just for my squat, pull ups and bench. no fancy bullshet but will last me forever.

all i see are the Rogue brands. probably because it's popular. a little pricey but if it is the best then it's not a problem for me.

any suggestions here for brands?

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
    looking for a power rack just for my squat, pull ups and bench. no fancy bullshet but will last me forever.

all i see are the Rogue brands. probably because it's popular. a little pricey but if it is the best then it's not a problem for me.

craigslist or ebay. like you said, unless it got wet or bent, it's iron and it lasts forever.

Comment

You'll find your best deals on the second hand market. Craigslist, Offerup, Letgo, etc. So many people buy home exercise equipment and then never use it. You can get some bargains on very lightly used gear.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        You'll find your best deals on the second hand market. Craigslist, Offerup, Letgo, etc. So many people buy home exercise equipment and then never use it. You can get some bargains on very lightly used gear.
        Dude I was going to write a thread on OfferUp, LetGo, and Craigslist. Sometimes people try to sell their old ass sh.t like its brand new. Ive even seen things brand new cheaper on Amazon. lol! I had some guy the other day on craigslist accept a price for a stand alone bag to then raise it on me after he initially accepted because his wife said he spent a lot of money on it. smh...

But yeah, second hand gym equipment is the best way to go if you can get a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Dude I was going to write a thread on OfferUp, LetGo, and Craigslist. Sometimes people try to sell their old ass sh.t like its brand new. Ive even seen things brand new cheaper on Amazon. lol! I had some guy the other day on craigslist accept a price for a stand alone bag to then raise it on me after he initially accepted because his wife said he spent a lot of money on it. smh...

But yeah, second hand gym equipment is the best way to go if you can get a deal.
          That shyt drives me crazy. I see the same thing myself. It's hit or miss, like treasure hunting. People expect to get back what they paid for it full retail. I've also had people buy stuff from me with an agreed upon price, only for them to meet up and then try to lowball me another offer.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            craigslist or ebay. like you said, unless it got wet or bent, it's iron and it lasts forever.
            tried those but the ones they have there are sketchy and might not last.

unless you have a link that would show some good quality somehow that'd be really helpful. thanks!

Comment

this was what my problem was when trying to buy second hand items.

i would rather buy a brand new since i am not selling it anyway. it's for me to keep as long as i can.

so better brand with good quality and price is what i am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                That shyt drives me crazy. I see the same thing myself. It's hit or miss, like treasure hunting. People expect to get back what they paid for it full retail. I've also had people buy stuff from me with an agreed upon price, only for them to meet up and then try to lowball me another offer.
                ooooh that's tough.

Comment

Man U said it. My brother has a home gym with full rack. He cares about the gauge of the steel and everything. It’s shocking on the used market how much people ask for their stuff. I know there’s not so much “wear” on these items being steel and all, but they are still used. People want like %90 of what they paid for things. I feel part of it is to relieve the guilt, but sadly it’s also the market. I mean buying used weights still costs a ton. My brother has been trying to buy a fat padded extra wide bench. They cost like $500, he bought one but they cancelled his order said they couldn’t deliver it. Also a local company was claiming a certain gauge steel that was false. It’s still a niche market and u pay a premium sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post

My brother just texted me back. We’re Canadian though, so it might not help. He said “Tydax” which is from Alberta, free shipping if u spend $500. At least it’s something to compare against. He’s done all his research. Rep and Titan are American, but comes from China, Tydax also. A lot of people copy other people’s stuff which is fine, it’s not rocket science. The truth is there isn’t like a lot of history of power racks failing or benches breaking. But numbers always look cool and u pay for the marketing of a brand like Rogue, but they aren’t going to increase ur lift. I’ve seen cheap bars tested on YouTube hold insane amount of weight. There’s a ton of YouTube reviews on things. If u get a chance to test something that’s the best bet to see it works for you. There’s accessories like jammer/powerarms that can depend on measurements of ur rig and such. The best advice is to always check used listings as u buy more stuff, there’s rarely good deals, but showing up with cash in hand and making a final offer in person gives u the most stroke. I mean they have to go back inside and tell the wife why all this steel is still sitting in the garage.

Comment

Working...
                    X