Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the hardest puncher in WelterWeight History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearns right hand..but yeah Tito hit hard with both hands..hearns left wasnt nearly as powerfull as Tito's left.

Comment

Thomas Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
        ha ha thats who i voted,and its a brilliant sig by the way is it ok to save it?
        Absolutely. I found it on a GIF website.

It's sort of chilling I think.

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        But take a look at that Ko Duran had his hands down not expecting a punch and Hearns took advantage of that. Duran fought a bigger puncher Iran Barkley and he was never dropped. It was just perfecting timing hands down Bam !
        He was trying to block body punches.

That's the sort of right Hearns landed over and over in his career. Only ones to survive that particular shot were Hagler and Leonard

Comment

interesting

Comment

I voted Hearns, but I'm surprised Robinson hasn't got more votes.

Comment

This is a really tough call. Robinson hit damn hard but I think it's between Tito and Hearns. Tommy had a brutal right hand whereas Tito had 2 HARD hitting hands, like a oduble barreled shot gun at times.

OK voted Tito but it was tough.

Comment

You could make a case for all of them but in terms of raw power i think Cuevas is being overlooked,he was nowhere near as skilled as the others and they were 'better' punchers,but he had chilling power

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  Okay power. At featherweight and lightweight it was better. It was very rare he got a one-punch knockout or even stunned and wobbled a quality opponent. He wore them down and stopped them. Some would even quit just to make him stop.

But this is more than just okay power.

That is his competition for hardest puncher. He falls short.
                  That right hand is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Ridiculous, Sugar Ray Robinson carried power in BOTH hands and had more KO wins than the others had total fights!!! He could knockout fighters while stepping back! He carried power weither he was boxing or slugging and he wasn't one dimentional like a Hearns or Trinidad!! Pepino had a good left hook but there was alot more welters with better power than him. Tommy had the big right hand with good leverage but he had to be set to throw it!!
                    When it comes to Welters & Middles its Robinson as number one! Its right there in the videos and just read his record! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      floyd. he laid out the young lion ortiz!
                      If Mayweather was in the poll, there would have been votes for him. lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X