Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Joe defeats Roy, will the people picking Jones to win give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Joe defeats Roy, will the people picking Jones to win give him credit?

I see LOTS of people are picking Roy Jones to win on Saturday.

Many of the same people picked Lacy to beat Joe a couple of years ago, but even after Joe won every minute of every round, they still call Joe a "Euro-bum".

If Joe wins, will all the people who are picking Roy to win finally give him a little much-deserved respect?
    Yes, they'll finally realize he's a good fighter
    13.33%
    No, they will never give Joe any credit no matter what
    86.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 11-05-2008, 09:14 AM.

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
    I see LOTS of people are picking Jones to win on Saturday.

Many of the same people picked Lacy to beat Joe a couple of years ago, but even after Joe won every minute of every round, they still call Joe a "Euro-bum".

If Joe wins, will all the people who are picking Jones to win finally give him a little much-deserved respect?
    Best believe that I will give Joe credit. The only advantage Joe has is stamina and quicker feet...So how can I not give Joe credit.

Many also picked Tarver/ Tito/ Pavlik to beat B-Hop but after B-Hop beat them they made excuses

Comment

RJJ fans are never ending excuse machines, im sure this time will be no different.

Comment

doubt it.

most of the people saying ROY IS BACK will just be like OH HES WASHED UP JOE IS A *****.

there will be a few who give joe some credit, but the majority of the people who dislike calzaghe will continue to hate, just like folks do with wladimir klitschko.

Comment

A couple weeks ago no one was giving roy a chance, now there seems to be a flood of people thinking roy will win as the fight gets closer, Calzaghe will get some credit but the fact is Roy is 39 years old and still a shell of hes former self, only way Calzaghe gets full credit is if he beats a young proven fighter like Dawson IMO...

But there will always be people who wont give credit no matter what he accomplishes, they are called haters.

Comment

Jones already has a number of excuses lined up. It's not his fault but Joe is expected to win. Let's face it, Jones just isn't the same fighter anymore while Calzaghe is much closer to his prime. You can't really dispute that so there is already an excuse if Jones loses. Calzaghe has to win this fight. Roy is just a name on his resume at this point.

I would still give him credit personally but I'm trying to play devil's advocate here.

Comment

It seems only fair that the people who are saying Jones is still very good and will defeat Calzaghe, should be good sports and give Joe credit after he wins.

Doesn't that seem reasonable?

Comment

They should do,if only for the sake of consistency,unlike say Wlad Owns who dissed all white American fighters after Hopkins-Pavlik.

I'm pretty sure that Joe will win and retire undefeated.The reasons have been gone into many times before on this forum.So I won't repeat them.

Comment

People who are picking RJJ are doing so with their heads, They know deep down that Joe C would beat RJJ, Others are still picking RJJ based on his name/past reputation.

I would be shocked if Joe C loses this one to be honest, At this stage he is the better boxer out of the two and i dont see how RJJ could beat Joe.

Comment

"Roy Jones is a shot, washed up, overhyped bum with a glass chin that's been KTFO twice":

Will be the most likely response in all probability.

Comment

Working...
                    X