No announcement yet.

Newbies posting vids about how great they are

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies posting vids about how great they are

It is getting annoying. Too many threads mainly by gringoes about how good they are when they are clearly begninning and in some cases, still in the kitchen and garage. Not taking mick people, but you need to join an affiliated boxing club and learn how to box! Then comeback with your vids and you won't look silly. Boxing is not about prancing around with bits of equipment labelled Lonsdale or Everlast. It is about having actual fights and going for bouts. Please make sure this is your primary goal, and not trying to get some kudos on a forum or attention to make yourself feel less insecure. Not just talking about shawn there.

Found a video from the limey lounge of some guys cousin boxing. Go there and check it out. that is a real amateur contest. If you haven't had one of them then please don't make yourself look like a right tit, and go on about your potential. If you're not getting coached properly and corss your feet, throw slap then forget posting that ****e too. Here are some guidlines for the basics below. Please newbies, do not take ti wrong way and try to heed some advice from a wise Spaniard!

1. Punch in a straight line and learn how to do it, before going on about skills. Newbies always want to learn some fancy moves first but it is more important to master basics first.

2. Get into good condition first. A pre-requisite of a good boxer. If you look **** on bags/pads/sparring and get slated in these forums this is probably one of the causes. Seems a bit obvious, but seen some right bums who have obviously put no effort in. It is very unlikely shawn and hinduw run 5 times a week when they need to. That is why they have no energy.

3. Do 1000 press ups a day on your knuckles. 1000 sit ups/crunches/leg raises too.

4. Build up running to five miles per day and add some stairs/sprints too.

5. Listen to criticism or the parts where I made an example of you above and do not take it to heart ormake it into a personal thing.

6. Do not take give up, and get some bouts.

7. Takecare and Goodbye.

****ing Amazing Thread Amen To U

Comment

Gringos? was that a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
        Gringos? was that a joke?
        Go look through all the threads and tell me where the joke is. Looks like Bill Gates Junior meets Fight Night Round 3. That Stallone has a lot to answer for, I tell thee. The only decent vids I have seen today was that short fat little Cuban trying to learn properly, some am's sparring, and the bout from Italy. I'm only being nice to these guys I swear. Shawn and hinduw should try being more realistic, and emulate Gatti or Fatton's style rather than Naz or Roy Jones.
        Last edited by Rafael Benitez; 06-24-2008, 02:41 AM.

Comment

If they want to post video's then let them post them. This is a friendly website where beginers can get advice and show them the progess that they are making, and maybe even laugh over a few things. Its takes confidence for them to even post those video's so unless you are making video's as well, then you have no idea what its like. If was just starting out in boxing, then i sure would want people world wide to give me advice and post video's to gain some confidence. I hope I'm not coming off as being offensive, but let them have their fun.

Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Peacock View Post
            If they want to post video's then let them post them. This is a friendly website where beginers can get advice and show them the progess that they are making, and maybe even laugh over a few things. Its takes confidence for them to even post those video's so unless you are making video's as well, then you have no idea what its like. If was just starting out in boxing, then i sure would want people world wide to give me advice and post video's to gain some confidence. I hope I'm not coming off as being offensive, but let them have their fun.

Sweet
            I agree with what you're saying in theory, but in practice you have to read the stuff these guys say to go along with their newbie video's. Shawn, while clearly a beginner, is posting "instructional video's." The kid's never even had a fight, and he's coming off as a teacher of boxing. That is just ****ed up, because a lot of the other beginners don't seem to realize this.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
              I agree with what you're saying in theory, but in practice you have to read the stuff these guys say to go along with their newbie video's. Shawn, while clearly a beginner, is posting "instructional video's." The kid's never even had a fight, and he's coming off as a teacher of boxing. That is just ****ed up, because a lot of the other beginners don't seem to realize this.
              hasnt shawn even had a single fight???? i thought he'd at least had a couple......that just makes his vids more ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                You been reading my mind? Exactly what I was trying to say. These pseudo experts will mislead others as well as themnselves. Also, it doesn't take balls to post videos for attention. The born in 90's generation have made it into a general pastime. Discretion and humility means nothing for them and I seen them post their lives on the net in MyArse and Arsebook.

It is a formailty for them and they do not know how to shun publicity and be the silent assassin. Look at me, I won the Champions League but still sat down for the pens whereas motormouth Maureen was jumping around like a prick. Needless to say, he got owned for the third semi final in a row!

Comment

I amen to the thread, but not your training suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Benitez View Post
                    Look at me, I won the Champions League but still sat down for the pens whereas motormouth Maureen was jumping around like a prick.
                    Do you have a personality disorder or are you telling us that you are the 'Real Raffa' ?

Comment

Working...
                    X