Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Aims To Punish: I'll Be Trying To Destroy Kell Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
    Don't just cherry pick parts of a conversation. You're missing the point of what was being talked about. I was replying to comments relating to speed vs timing. Every nation has variety in it's styles, but yeah, actually, the US does favour athleticism over most other qualities. That goes for all sports not just boxing. I'm not surprised though... it's very TV friendly and y'all have short attention spans.
    A guy who's fought one quality opponent (in a competitive fight) has poise? Unless you want to add in Carson Jones...Smh

Lol we'll see what happens in a few weeks. But don't be surprised when it looks like Pac v. Cotto and not Calzaghe v. Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      id stop talking if i was you boy, because you are getting seriously hurt in this one. brook will flatten you, you dont know what youve signed up for.
      Wanna bet on that? Talk is cheap.

Comment

Every nation has variety in it's styles,
        Not as much variety as the U.S. has produced historically.

but yeah, actually, the US does favour athleticism over most other qualities. That goes for all sports not just boxing. I'm not surprised though... it's very TV friendly and y'all have short attention spans.
        Were Joe Louis and Joe Frazier and James Toney super athletic? How about Andre Ward or Mikey Garcia?

Did Floyd won all his fights mostly due to athleticism or due to skill?

You're trying to paint with too broad of a brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          A guy who's fought one quality opponent (in a competitive fight) has poise? Unless you want to add in Carson Jones...Smh

Lol we'll see what happens in a few weeks. But don't be surprised when it looks like Pac v. Cotto and not Calzaghe v. Jones.
          Poise has little to do with quality or quantity of opponents. It's innate.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Not as much variety as the U.S. has produced historically.
            Not as many people as the US. The two go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              id stop talking if i was you boy, because you are getting seriously hurt in this one. brook will flatten you, you dont know what youve signed up for.
              I think Brook wins as well. Spence is pretty unproven and arrogant for a guy who's best win is against Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Wanna bet on that? Talk is cheap.
                aha ive just put a bet on with someone today for the fight.

Comment

Two weeks until yall Colgate needing mutha****as turn quiet as church mice

Comment

The US style is all about athletic dynamism. It looks great but you get confused and think that’s the only quality that counts.

Speed is a component of any physical activity but timing is not really about speed. It’s more about poise: balance, patience, accuracy & composure under pressure. It’s Kell’s main strength.

I know you don’t get it yet, but your boy Spence will understand soon enough.
                    Spence has sublime timing, balance, and punch variation. They say "he has no head movement!" but you have to wonder why he never gets hit cleanly. It's because he has PROPER PUNCH TECHNIQUE. He always bring his hands back to the proper position after he punches and he never...EVER admires his work. He lands his shots then makes some sort of defensive move afterwards. Superior technique is the reason he will beat Brook.
                    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 05-14-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
                      yall Colgate needing mutha****as

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Spence has sublime timing balance and punch variation. They say "he has no head movement!" but you have to wonder why he never gets hit cleanly. It's because he has PROPER PUNCH TECHNIQUE. He always bring his hands back to the proper position after he punches and he never...NEVER admires his work. He lands his shots then makes some sort of defensive move afterwards. Superior technique is the reason he will beat Brook.
                      Yea, I criticized his head movement until I started studying him a bit and realized he's just extremely aware of distance and his opponent's posture (if he's able to strike). That's a quality you usually only see in the elite. Even Pacquiao, who seems like he neglects head movement, is just very aware of when he's in the strike zone and will often just move himself slightly to attain a safer position.

Comment

Working...
                      X