No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Fighting: I Don't Really Miss It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
    It's done. The Pacquiao fiasco pretty much sealed it. Fans will never forgive Floyd for that, especially when he flaunted a 100 million dollar check in front of us.When the majority of people who are not huge boxing fans think of him they think of the lack of excitement and no heavy punches during his fights and they also remember his checkered past with the abuse of women. Let's not even talk about IV's.

Neither Showtime or HBO will give him a big contract, so he will make a max of 15 million per fight instead of 35 million so why bother? The only money fight is Pac and nobody wants to see that again. It could happen if Pac knocks out Bradley, but Pac is done too.
    Wtf are you talking about? I mean there's hatred and there's stupidity and this body screams both ....

Comment

Ya'll are some bitter bit**es...lmao

Comment

You were never a fighter in the first place.. stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
          Ya'll are some bitter bit**es...lmao
          Mayweather is the one taking shots at everyone lately, Oscar, Canelo, Broner, White People etc.. Can't the homeboy stay quiet and spend his money? It's not like he's promoting one of his fights, he can drop the douchebag act already.

Comment

He doesnt miss fighting??? ROFLMAO Mayweather never could FIGHT!! The times he was called upon to fight, Castillo & Maidana, he really got beat. But Vegas officials gave him decision

Comment

Originally posted by jypehob View Post
              Mayweather is the one taking shots at everyone lately, Oscar, Canelo, Broner, White People etc.. Can't the homeboy stay quiet and spend his money? It's not like he's promoting one of his fights, he can drop the douchebag act already.
              Mayweather has always had high praises for Canelo. But hey when all else fails make sh.it up. The NSB way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Mayweather has always had high praises for Canelo. But hey when all else fails make sh.it up. The NSB way.
                You must not have been paying attention to boxing news lately.. or does your black power mentality cloud your judgement?

Comment

Originally posted by jypehob View Post
                  You must not have been paying attention to boxing news lately.. or does your black power mentality cloud your judgement?
                  Like I said before when you can't make your point result to making sh.it up. That's the only thing you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    He has to keep commenting on his "retirement" because he realizes nobody cares about him unless he has a fight signed..
                    I think he mentioned his retirement because people keep pestering him about returning to the ring. His perspective on life is good, spending more time with his family and being happy in the knowledge that his 49-0 will never be beaten. We'll never see a Mayweather again, in a few years time you'll miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                      Wtf are you talking about? I mean there's hatred and there's stupidity and this body screams both ....
                      Hatred? You saying that is bizarre.

Any athlete who makes a ceremony out of receiving a large cardboard $100 million dollar check is insulting the people who paid big bucks to watch an over hyped boring fight. Where am I showing hatred? In fact most classy athletes would never do that. Please!
                      Did Floyd get into trouble several times for hitting and abusing women? Yes.
                      Where am I showing hatred? Am I stupid for pointing that out?
                      Is this a major issue or something that should be swept under the rug?
                      Do people like athletes who do that? Do most people want to pay money to watch athletes who live like that?
                      The reality is without a popular fighter like Manny, Oscar, Canelo or Hatton who had large fan bases, Floyd makes less money. Now before you start jumping to ridiculous conclusions and go into racist mode, remember that this has nothing to do with flesh color or ring skills. This is about drawing power and how beloved a fighter he is. You see Floyd is not in the same genre as Ali, Leonard, Hagler, Foreman. These are popular fighters who transcended race and transcended boxing. People wanted to see their fights no matter who they fought. Floyd cannot hold a candle to them.

If you think that fans will want to see more of Floyd's fights then ever before and that he is a stellar human being, maybe you need to reconsider your notion of who has hatred and who is stupid. I really don't think you know, and I quote you, WTF you're talking about.

I just wasted 5 minutes typing this because you won't get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X