Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson - Most overused word in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who did that 'prime tyson' beat in that time? Or who that AJ Wilder Fury Wlad wouldn't beat

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2022 View Post
      Who did that 'prime tyson' beat in that time? Or who that AJ Wilder Fury Wlad wouldn't beat
      That's a separate issue.

If we are talking prime Tyson , though, that has a definition that is logical.

Comment

I think most people mean peak Tyson.
        That version was short lived and could hang with any heavyweight in history.
        As others have said it was a short period of time.
        He was young, hungry, disciplined and had the right people around him. 19-22 year old Tyson was a straight beast and once in a generation guy. A complete fighter with KO power in both hands.
        By the time he got to Buster Douglas he was not the same fighter. He blew off training. The footwork and head movement were gone and he was basically head hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Prime Tyson did exist. It was the young version that kept close ties to the Cus D'Amato training regimen that forged his skills.

Once he got away from that structure he was in an irreversible downward spiral.
          - -I pose the ?

Who here would consider themselves athletically prime while on experimental dosages of prescribed Zoloft and Xanax?

Apparently a host of miscreants here believe that to be true.

Comment

I think he would have been a light heavy/cruiser today and would have done well

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              “Duck” is the most overused word in boxing.
              Or hypejob

Comment

Working...
              X