No announcement yet.

Is Canelo and GGG ducking Charlo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo and GGG ducking Charlo?

I know Canelo wants the big purse late in his career but the best fight would still be Canelo and Charlo or GGG and Charlo so my question is Canelo and GGG afraid to fight Charlo?

Charlo hasn't shown he is serious about taking on the top talent. Not at 154 and not at 160. He has never mentioned Andrade at either weight. Doesn't want to risk a loss fighting a serious contender in order to earn a shot at Canelo or GGG money fights.

Comment

Charlo is not even up for discussion with anyone knowledgeable. Canelo would ice him in a tune up fight easy.

Comment

Canelo been fighting grown men since he was 15, also fought the number 1 p4p fighter at 23, he isn’t ducking anyone. Now, is he avoiding charlo because he is too much risk low reward? You can say that ... but it’s not ducking it’s more like waiting till the reward is worth the risk... same for ggg, at that level no one ducks anyone

Comment

Both Charlo's lost not long ago. Yeah real scared

Comment

Ducking? No! I do think their TEAMS might consider him risky/no reward fight despite what fans think as far as him "Losing To Korobov"

If they did not think much of him or Andrade then like Steve Rolls, Rocky Feilding and other fighters they would get a shot. Not sure about Andrade BUT I do think Jermall will ultimately land that big fight either with Canelo, Benavidez, Plant but at 168 not 160

Comment

Poor Charlo, he went life and death with Korobov and instead of having a rematch, he went down in competition in his next 2 fights.

Since the Jrock fight

Heiland
              Centeno
              Korobov
              Adam's
              Hogan..

What a waste of a couple years. He makes Andrade look like Canelo when comparing opponents

Comment

The DAZN contracts allows Canelo and GGG to not care about their opponents choice. I’m not surprised Canelo has fought two tough fighters in Jacobs and Kovalev under DAZN. GGG wouldn’t fight Charlo before the DAZN contract and now that he is all set financially expect him to fight fighters that will be right in front of him in a “war” type fight and his tune ups will be vs low risk “movers” like Rolls.

Canelo already fought the high risk low reward fights vs Lara and Trout. GGG has yet to do that, he fights styles that are ready made for him. He will not step foot in the ring with Andrade or Charlo.

As far Canelo goes, he will probably be fighting in higher risk fights. I think he would fight Charlo or Andrade at 168, he can’t make 160. He has too big of an ego, cares too much about critics and it wouldn’t surprise me if he fought Bivol, Smith, Beterbiev. Canelo is a great champion, he fights everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Poor Charlo, he went life and death with Korobov and instead of having a rematch, he went down in competition in his next 2 fights.

Since the Jrock fight

Heiland
                  Centeno
                  Korobov
                  Adam's
                  Hogan..

What a waste of a couple years. He makes Andrade look like Canelo when comparing opponents
                  Doing a Golovkin, waiting for the money fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Doing a Golovkin, waiting for the money fight.
                    Yeah, meanwhile GGG fought everyone in the top 10.

If this thread didn't have Canelos name in it I'm sure you would have said GGG was ducking the guy lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X