Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Canelo Alvarez. A realistic fight in the future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward vs Canelo Alvarez. A realistic fight in the future?

Does anyone think this fight is realistic? Canelo is generally 170+ pounds on fight night and Ward doesn't gain too much weight after a weigh-in if I remember correctly.

Although Ward would probably whitewash Canelo but do you guys ever see this fight happening? How far do you guys see Canelo moving up?

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Does anyone think this fight is realistic? Canelo is generally 170+ pounds on fight night and Ward doesn't gain too much weight after a weigh-in if I remember correctly.

Although Ward would probably whitewash Canelo but do you guys ever see this fight happening? How far do you guys see Canelo moving up?
    Hell no. Ward weighs over 180 on fight night. Ward is so big he can't even make 168, Canelo can easily fight at 160 but Ward will soon be at 175. It's time people start pushing for WARD to fight the bigger guys instead of people moving up and down to fight him.....he needs to start testing the waters at the bigger weight classes.

Comment

Canelo is in no hurry to move up to 160lbs, much less 172

Comment

Ward would love that fight. He needs a break-out fight like Meyweather got when he fought De La Hoya.

Comment

No. Ward might move to 175 or stay at 168. Canelo may or may not go to 160 but 160 is the heaviest he will ever fight at. These two will never fight in the same weight class. Ward will always fight in an 8 to 21 pound heavier weight class. The closest they could ever be would be Ward fighting at 168 and Canelo fighting at 160. If they fought at those weights they could meet in the middle and fight at 164 but they won't. Ward makes everyone come to his weight as shown by him wanting GGG to come all the way to 168 to fight him. Canelo would never agree to come up to 168 so this fight never happens I think Canelo is a better fighter with a brighter future than Ward.

Comment

Canelo is likely to physically max out at middleweight; his height being real bar for going much higher then that.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
              Canelo is in no hurry to move up to 160lbs, much less 172
              sorry man but Canelo is a MW. Canelo was 155 in his last 3 fights which is above 154,

154.1 - 160 is MW

147.1 - 154 is LMW

Its alright though, you didnt knew about the weight limits.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                No. Ward might move to 175 or stay at 168. Canelo may or may not go to 160 but 160 is the heaviest he will ever fight at. These two will never fight in the same weight class. Ward will always fight in an 8 to 21 pound heavier weight class. The closest they could ever be would be Ward fighting at 168 and Canelo fighting at 160. If they fought at those weights they could meet in the middle and fight at 164 but they won't. Ward makes everyone come to his weight as shown by him wanting GGG to come all the way to 168 to fight him. Canelo would never agree to come up to 168 so this fight never happens I think Canelo is a better fighter with a brighter future than Ward.
                See my last post above about Canelo being a MW.

Comment

Money talks....

If it does happen, it will be late in their careers and meaningless i.e. roy-tito

Comment

Why are fans always matching Ward with smaller guys? The guy is 6'1 and outgrowing 168. He would beat Canelo if they were the same size, but given the size advantage it is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X