No announcement yet.

Fighters Ditching Sanctioning Bodies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters Ditching Sanctioning Bodies

What are some examples of fighters saying ***** this sanctioning body in recent times?

Floyd said ***** the WBA and didn’t take it off of Mosley

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    What are some examples of fighters saying ***** this sanctioning body in recent times?

Floyd said ***** the WBA and didn’t take it off of Mosley
    Canelo refusing to fight Lara for the WBA "regular" while Floyd was the real champ. I was surprised when Canelo fought for their "regular" BS belt at 168.

They should drop all of them. Save your sanctioning fees.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Canelo refusing to fight Lara for the WBA "regular" while Floyd was the real champ. I was surprised when Canelo fought for their "regular" BS belt at 168.

They should drop all of them. Save your sanctioning fees.

He didn't refuse to fight for Lara's belt, he refused to fight at 154.

Canelo had previously won the regular title at 154 against Trout when Floyd was the super champ already.

He just wanted the added weight advantage vs. Lara.

Comment

I remember Malignaggi ditching the IBF title to get that big HBO money fight against Hatton.

Then two guys that Paulie and Hatton beat, Ngoudjo and Urango fought for the vacant title.

The IBF gets a lot of praise for being consistent and not showing favoritism towards fighters, but I don't understand their ranking system and how so many unknown or b level fighters climb the IBF ranks to become mandatories. Like Deryvenchenklskvjko, he just got a title shot and lost to Jacobs, then beat a nobody, and now he's a mandatory challenger again?

Comment

Lennox Lewis vacated the WBA to fight Michael Grant instead of John Ruiz. He also ditched the IBF later when Chris Byrd wasn’t his mandatory.

George Foreman ditched the WBA and IBF over ordered mandatories he didn’t want to fight.

Carlos Baldomir only took the WBC when he beat Zab Judah who was undisputed

Chad Dawson vacated the WBC and IBF titles to avoid mandatories.

Marco Antonio Barrera refused to take Morales’ WBC belt after beating him in a rematch.

Johnny Tapia was stripped of the IBF for fighting Marco Antonio Barrera instead of a mandatory.

Mike Tyson vacated the WBC after beating Frank Bruno.

Larry Holmes vacated his titles to go with the IBF

Leon Spinks vacated the WBC to fight a rematch with Ali instead of fighting Norton.

That’s all I got off the top of my head, outside of other mentioned scenarios.

Comment

Riddick Bowe throwing the wbc belt into the trash

The most blatant F U

Comment

They need a damn Union! The money they're wasting giving to these Belt Organization just to be their Champion is a damn WASTE which is something they all will learn when they're retired! Would be better if that was going towards Union Dues to make sure that they're taking care of once they retire

But the Talk of Fighters Union makes the Powers That Be in boxing Very Nervous and Uncomfortable. They do not want that to happen EVER!
                Last edited by sicko; 08-03-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  The need a damn Union! The money they're wasting giving to these Belt Organization just to be their Champion is a damn WASTE which is something they all will learn when they're retired! Would be better if that was going towards Union Dues to make sure that they're taking care of once they retire

But the Talk of Fighters Union makes the Powers That Be in boxing Very Nervous and Uncomfortable. They do not want that to happen EVER!
                  The sport would be in such a better state if their was something else regulating chit instead of all these abc’s dictating bullchit
                  But of course the big heads don’t wanna hear that , how can they arrange things for their benefit afterwards

Comment

Working...
                  X