No announcement yet.

Pound for Pound July 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound for Pound July 2019

So many stupid and politically-motivated lists out there. I usually hate these top 10 lists. But I was shocked by how EASY this one would be to compile. All you need is a little Boxing knowledge/experience, and some time to review the footage.

So here it is, Casuals be dammed; unbiased and faithful to the original intent (if all men were of equal size):

1) Lomachenko
    2) Fury
    3) Usyk
    4) Golovkin
    5) Alvarez
    6) Crawford
    7) Inoue
    8) Spence
    9) Wilder
    10) Garcia

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    So many stupid and politically-motivated lists out there. I usually hate these top 10 lists. But I was shocked by how EASY this one would be to compile. All you need is a little Boxing knowledge/experience, and some time to review the footage.

So here it is, Casuals be dammed; unbiased and faithful to the original intent (if all men were of equal size):

1) Lomachenko
    2) Fury
    3) Usyk
    4) Golovkin
    5) Alvarez
    6) Crawford
    7) Inoue
    8) Spence
    9) Wilder
    10) Garcia

Why you got all the white people first? Lmao you are t biased... you are racist. Gtfoh

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post

1) Lomachenko
      2) Fury
      3) Usyk
      4) Golovkin
      5) Alvarez
      6) Crawford
      7) Inoue
      8) Spence
      9) Wilder
      10) Garcia

Good list to me but you will catch hell from Canelo fans especially the red ones for having GGG ahead of him. Since I think he won two close fights with Canelo. I agree with where you put him. Ursk is done with cruiserweight and should be ranked in the weight class he fights in which is heavyweight. He will probably be weighing in at 225 pounds now. Same with Mikey who fights at 147 now so he should be ranked as a welterweight. I think Spence would beat Crawford. Inoue is very high on my list. I have no heavyweights in my top 10 including Usyk who I consider a heavyweight now and no longer a cruiserweight. I think there are too many great smaller boxers for me to have heavyweights in my top 10 but everybody's list is different. It's all just opinion and not fact unless two guys actually fight each other.I think everybody has a right to their own top 10 list. No two lists will ever be the same and nobody's list is better or worse just different.

Comment

Garcia dont be long on that list
        Throw pac in there or some ****.

Comment

manny needs to be in there not Garcia...he got skooled

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            Why you got all the white people first? Lmao you are t biased... you are racist. Gtfoh
            I dunno... hmm, let me think... was something not said in the O.P. about this being talent-based and not political? Skill is all that matters. This United Colors of Benneton.

Sorry, no quotas here. This isn't college or corporate America, where you get to bypass 100 more qualified candidates because you have more melatonin. This is MERIT based. You have to earn it.

Just think about how stupid your comment was. For hundreds of years Blacks were happily serving Whites in bondage. They still would be if Whites didn't free them. Can you imagine Whites ever willingly subjecting themselves to that shame? Of course not. There have been many phenomenal Black fighters. But they have been making up for lost time. If race really matters to you, refer to historical P4P lists. You will find countless great Black and Latino fighters at the top.

Loma and Usyk and Ukranian. Fury is Irish. Golovkin's father is Russian. Canelo's ancestry is Northern Spanish, similar to the Celtic peoples of Europe. All warrior people. And with proud cultures and history. So if you are looking for an explanation, there it is: genetics.

Not let's get off the stupid topic of race, and get back to what we are all here for: BOXING.

Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 07-25-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
              manny needs to be in there not Garcia...he got skooled
              Good poiint!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Good list to me but you will catch hell from Canelo fans especially the red ones for having GGG ahead of him. Since I think he won two close fights with Canelo. I agree with where you put him. Ursk is done with cruiserweight and should be ranked in the weight class he fights in which is heavyweight. He will probably be weighing in at 225 pounds now. Same with Mikey who fights at 147 now so he should be ranked as a welterweight. I think Spence would beat Crawford. Inoue is very high on my list. I have no heavyweights in my top 10 including Usyk who I consider a heavyweight now and no longer a cruiserweight. I think there are too many great smaller boxers for me to have heavyweights in my top 10 but everybody's list is different. It's all just opinion and not fact unless two guys actually fight each other.I think everybody has a right to their own top 10 list. No two lists will ever be the same and nobody's list is better or worse just different.
                All good points. I definitely gave GGG most rounds in the first fight, and had him ahead by two or three in the rematch. Just because the judges fooked up doesn't mean we should.

Until we see Usyk at Hw, I'll rank him based on his Cw performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Garcia dont be long on that list
                  Throw pac in there or some ****.
                  Damn right. Mikey eliminated himself last fight Pac earned it by beating the hell out of Broner and beating Thurman and looking great. Pac would beat Mikey at any weight from 135 to 147.

Comment

Easy there Ray Charles.

Comment

Working...
                    X