Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right to call boxers "Bums","Tomato Cans", "Uber Drivers" etc?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are what they are. Unlike other sports, I have to pay money to watch these guys so I can call them whatever the fuk i want really.

Comment

Yeah, it's disrespectful, but some boxers would be literally bums if they weren't allowed to get knocked the f**k out to pay for their meal at McDonalds.

What bothers me more is when boxers are called cowards or btches, or anything that questions their courage and manhood. People that fight for a living are anything but scared.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I think it’s ok as a figure of speech in the context of boxing while making a point. It shouldn’t be taken too literally.

I think most of us have respect for them and respect what they do for a living.
        Good point man, I think people use them terms as a figure of speech as well. I understand it as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Yeah, it's disrespectful, but some boxers would be literally bums if they weren't allowed to get knocked the f**k out to pay for their meal at McDonalds.

What bothers me more is when boxers are called cowards or btches, or anything that questions their courage and manhood. People that fight for a living are anything but scared.
          Real talk right there. Great input man

Comment

Calling fighters cowards is where that **** needs to stop.

Comment

To me it's just playing with language, it don't mean nothing. Most fans respect all boxers, it's just funny to see how many ways guys can say "low or D level boxer" (cab driver, tomato can, no pulse, etc) Who knew there were so many aspiring comedy writers out there.
              I think calling a fighter a coward crosses the line and says more about the fool who writes it than it does about the fighter he's describing.

Comment

***** yea it is. At the end of the day they box to entertain us. If they dont like it then they can give back all their millions

Comment

When someone here calls a fighter a bum, it really shows that the person saying it doesn't even qualify as a bum because when a fighter makes it to the top 1%-3% at the world at what they do for a living, then someone calling them a bum is worse because I guarantee that most if not all the people on this boxing board are not ranked in the top 3% in the world at what they do for a living. I doubt anyone on these boards has been seen on TV showcasing their craft, skills, or abilities. People calling them bums shows how lame and ignorant they are.
                  Last edited by richardt; 07-24-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    When someone here calls a fighter a bum, it really shows that the person saying it doesn't even qualify as a bum because when a fighter makes it to the top 1%-3% at the world at what they do for a living, then someone calling them a bum is worse because I guarantee that most if not all the people on this boxing board are not ranked in the top 3% in the world at what they do for a living. I doubt anyone on these boards has been seen on TV showcasing their craft, skills, or abilities. Calling them bums shows how lame and ignorant they are.
                    I definitely feel your point there man

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      Calling fighters cowards is where that **** needs to stop.
                      This, I dont like fans calling fighters bums, cab drivers etc but I absolutely loath fighters being called cowards, the only time I can see where a fighters bravery being questioned is when they have been irrefutably proven guilty to have cheated (either through performance enhancing drugs, altering the handwraps/gloves or any way that would give a fighter a significant advantage over their opponent)

Comment

Working...
                      X