Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Chavez's loss erased in his 12th fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    I will try to find the source for the Lomachenko thing, i can't remember exactly where i saw it but it was a few guys talking and one was knowledgable about the Ukranian amateur system and stated that a lot of fights at the national level in Ukraine are kind of "off the record" so to speak, and that Lomachenko had more than 1 loss in reality.

Also, Pernell Whittaker says he had 500 amateur fights, yet his amateur record would state he had around 220 or something. Rigondeaux's "official" amateur record is about 100 fights less than what he says it is.

I guess the point is that especially in the amateurs, there's a real inconsistency when it comes to records. It's all very vague. Lomachenko's record may be correct, but there's a good chance it's not quite accurate too.

Although Canelo was fighting as a pro from a young age, i don't think it's that unlikely that some fights in Mexico back then might have been kind of off the record too. I've heard similar things about fighters in Thailand and the Philippines and places like that too. It's interesting what you say about Canelo though, it would be cool if we could find some proof one way or another. You would have thought someone would have spoken out about it by now though unless they were paid off.
    Yeah amateur records are way off for sure, brother.
    I was watching the World Amateur Championships last month and most fighter had 15 or 20 defeats.
    How do all of these fighters have the same amount of defeats? It's kind of laughable. Fighters probably round down when it comes to defeats and round up when it comes to wins.
    I don't pay too much attention to amateur records. It is neat to look at but it doesn't matter at the end. As long as you take Gold at the Olympics or World Championships is all that matters at the end.
    From my time of watching amateur boxing Rigondeaux and Lomachenko are definitely the two best that I have seen.
    The two most consistent boxers as well.

I wish I could find prove of Canelo's record.
    He had like high 20 or low 30s wins and 3 defeats and 2 draws.
    I just remember that clearly then one day when I went to go check out his boxrec again, shortly before his US debut, all of his defeats, one draw, and some of his wins were gone.
    I didn't think about it too much at the time because I just didn't know Canelo was going to become this big and successful.
    It's just possible that BoxRec just made a mistake, but what I found interesting is that Canelo's trainers did mention that some of Canelo's wins were missing on his record. He didn't mention anything of the potential defeats of course.

Comment

We sure don't know Larry, but the gay one isn't 50-0 Either.

Comment

Supreme Court at one point stateing ALL FUTURE UNIVERSAL PROCEDURE HARD-TOO BELIEVE. More likely scenario: LAW IS CONFUSED.
        If the Court mandates that the Referee be the soul on hand Commissioner then..I'll like to ASK how -?- Marlon Starling after bell strike w/Luis from Columbia be reversed?
        More "modern' fight too.
        Too, on the subject of LAW,.look at Frazier corner after fight talk with Howard Cosell there and the LAW reguaring "mandatory rematches." Andy fell for AJ 85M. h 10. How that STINK EVER COMEABOUT?

Comment

Does that copy?

Comment

Frazier - Foreman 1 ^

Comment

Working...
            X