No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman had one of the worst gameplans in a major fight in a long time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Keith was actually winning the 1st round before the knock down & before the knock down Manny stepped on his foot. Bad commentating but Lennox was the only one who asked to see the replay of that & of course they didn't...I didn't think Manny really won the fight. He was getting caught with right hands & left hooks plus Manny was missing a lot of punches. It was a fight that could of been a draw.
    aww so running with the p@ctard excuses of "stepping on his foot" huh? lololololol....

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Keith was actually winning the 1st round before the knock down & before the knock down Manny stepped on his foot. Bad commentating but Lennox was the only one who asked to see the replay of that & of course they didn't...I didn't think Manny really won the fight. He was getting caught with right hands & left hooks plus Manny was missing a lot of punches. It was a fight that could of been a draw.
      show me where the foot stepping happen at.. post the time mark.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
        I saw it at the MGM and it's hard to judge a fight when watching it in person. You could just feel out how it was going. It started strong with Pac but then went to Thurman, around round 8-9 I thought Keith was going to get a late stoppage because he was starting to damage Pac, but then Pac landed that 10th rd body shot which stifled Thurman's momentum a bit. Even at the MGM I thought it was a decently close fight.

I rewatched the fight at home and scored it. Still a close fight. I had Thurman ahead 1 round. I marked a few rounds as close. I flipped those to all Pac and all Thurman to see what the spread looked like. It was just a close fight all around, best I got it for Pac was 115-113 and the best I had it for Thurman was 116-112.

Pac had rounds 1,2,10 in the bag, Keith had rounds 6,7,8,9 in the bag. Rounds 3-5 were more difficult to score, as were rounds 11 and 12.

It felt like Pac did a lot of flashy work in spurts in those rounds but Keith did more consistent work. Sometimes the flashy stuff manages to snatch up a round.
        very creative scoring there but it seems like even thurman himself disagrees with you

Comment

Working...
        X