Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we all agree Fury is the reason why Wilder-Fury rematch won’t happen ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    That's not a counter offer though is it? From what I can work out they've offered the rematch as part of a 5 fight package only, with the guy making the offer (Arum) suggesting both guys have interim fights first.

Unless I've misread.
    I haven't seen or heard Arum saying anything about a 5 fight deal, just people talking about it here. The only thing I saw was Arum saying that, ideally, he would like them both to have one interim fight first, in June/July, then fight each other in Sept, both fights on ESPN.

He also said that the interim fight offer is not a deal breaker and if Wilder wants to go straight into a fight with Fury, then Fury would be happy with that too.

He's asking for negotiations with Finkel and Haymon on both options. Maybe I missed something, but this is the only statement I've seen from Arum about it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...r-rematch.html

Comment

Fury ducked Wilder. It's supposed to be an immediate rematch, yet Fury runs off to sign with Arum for a 5 fight deal. Arum then tells Wilder through the media that if he ever wants to fight Fury again he has to sign with ESPN for a 5 fight deal also, and hope the Fury rematch is among those. All the while knowing that Wilder is with Haymon and thus has ties to Showtime, whether contractual or not. It's a fake deal, so that Fury and Arum can save face at having ducked him. As you can see, the Fury/AJ fans are running with it, despite it being clear as day that it's a blatant duck. Pacquiao-Mayweather all over again.

I'm not having it. I know how this goes already, from that experience. As of now, Wilder is the king of the heavyweight division. Fury and AJ don't have the guts to step in the ring with him, so that says it all. If they beat Wilder once Wilder gets old in a couple years, the result will ring hollow, just like May-Pac. This is Wilder's era. Enjoy it while it lasts. Should get at least 4 nice KOs before he declines too much.
      Last edited by todisday; 02-23-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I think the rematch will never happen because Fury doesn't want to fight Wilder again. He knows most fans think he won so he wants to leave it like that. He knows there is a risk Wilder could knock him out in a rematch and he doesn't want to take that risk. If the fight ever happens then I was wrong. I won't worry about a fight that I believe will never happen.
        lolol

a lot of fans thought jmm won 3 times...but he still wanted a 4th...a lot of fans thought kovalev won but he wanted another one...a lot of fans thought lil g beat canelo but he wanted another one

that angle is complete BS....but I do agree with you...fury is worried about getting knocked out and ducking this fight

Comment

No i dont blame Tyson Fury and i will tell you why. Yes Fury has signed with ESPN and that makes a Wilder fight much harder but not impossible but what he has done is accept a great deal which will pay him well and it puts him in a far stronger negotiating position because of the financial power. So i can imagine a fighter would take that offer.

The problem here is Deontay Wilder, Al Haymon and the PBC. If they dont get EXACTLY what they want they will not accept an offer, its either all their way or no deal. They turned down Joshua and the chance to fight for all the belts cuz the money was too low and then went on and fought for far less than Joshua offered him, He can fight Fury in a rematch but he wont because the TopRank offer will be financially better than the PBC one yet he will turn it down and talk about loyalty and money isnt important.

So hes turning down fights for a number of reasons which usually contradict themselves and at the end of it he is just turning down fights. Fights against champions, fights against the guy he couldnt beat last time. Fights against the people we want to see him fight. Joshua, Fury, Whyte, DAZN, Top Rank, ESPN, all starting to put pressure on the PBC and Wilder but they will stand strong and fight bums. Like they have done most of his career and will only listen to the better fighters when the better fighters are ready to concede all rights over to Wilder and the PBC.
          Last edited by DaNeutral.; 02-23-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            No i dont blame Tyson Fury and i will tell you why. Yes Fury has signed with ESPN and that makes a Wilder fight much harder but not impossible but what he has done is accept a great deal which will pay him well and it puts him in a far stronger negotiating position because of the financial power. So i can imagine a fighter would take that offer.

The problem here is Deontay Wilder, Al Haymon and the PBC. If they dont get EXACTLY what they want they will not accept an offer, its either all their way or no deal. They turned down Joshua and the chance to fight for all the belts cuz the money was too low and then went on and fought for far less than Joshua offered him, He can fight Fury in a rematch but he wont because the TopRank offer will be financially better than the PBC one yet he will turn it down and talk about loyalty and money isnt important.

So hes turning down fights for a number of reasons which usually contradict themselves and at the end of it he is just turning down fights. Fights against champions, fights against the guy he couldnt beat last time. Fights against the people we want to see him fight. Joshua, Fury, Whyte, DAZN, Top Rank, ESPN, all starting to put pressure on the PBC and Wilder but they will stand strong and fight bums.
            the problem is and never will be al haymon and the pbc.....al has made and will make good fights

wilder fought Ortiz, fury and was ready to rematch fury right away

porter, Garcia and Thurman have all been in with each other.....spence/mikey bought to fight and he will continue to make good WW fights

lara/hurd FOTY candidate

jack and Stevenson been in tough matchups...I can go on and on

what exactly has arum done with HWs and welters??? ill wait

only thing arum has done halfway decent is get loma some decent fights which is probably cause loma will reign bloody hell on him if he doesn't and its not that hard since those guys don't have a lot of options and more lucrative fights so its easier to get him opponents

other than that arum hasn't done sheet

khan was washed up years ago and made fun of constantly....

you guys run around here touting this "deal" fury has...yet that deal aint really worth much without wilder and Joshua....he will never see anything close to that if he never fights either of those guys....you guys are simply living on estimations and promises with this "deal".....what do u think arum is about to pay him 15 mil to fight pulev on espn+??? LOL....you guys are dumb and weird

Comment

the problem is and never will be al haymon and the pbc

There we go. These Wilder fan boys think everything their side is just golden. Up front and honest and fair. The problem WILL NEVER BE AL HAYMON.

Is Al Haymon prepared to let Wilder fight on ESPN?

Comment

Fury's scared, plain as day.

I mean ****, you got to be a cornball who thinks jokes about making beds is funny to be goofy enough to think Fury might not be scared.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
                  Fury was offered a 50/50 split in the Wilder rematch and suddenly he signed with ESPN which put the rematch in jeopardy.

Now Arum offered Wilder to fight Fury but in one condition, sign a 5 fight deal with top rank. Lmao Wilder only wants that Fury fight. Why would he want to stay in top rank along with pig arum for 2 and a half years.

Arum also said that Wilder won’t fight fury immediately which means it won’t happen until it’s the 3rd or 4th fight in Wilder’s deal.

I understand the move with Fury wanting to secure the money but he’s the reason why the fight won’t happen

Read it first before spouting nonsense : https://www.boxingscene.com/furys-du...-offer--136473

Face the facts.
                  I’m a huge Fury fan, traveled to both Düsseldorf and LA to support him but it is what it is. The rematch could’ve easily been made on Showtime, Fury signing with TR/ESPN is what has complicated matters.

I completely understand why Tyson has signed this deal as it gives him much greater long term security, but in the process it makes the negotiations for the Wilder rematch much more complex.

Comment

No Wilder needs to man up and fight outside of the PBC protection program for once. ESPN has the money, if the rematch doesn't happen it's on Wilder since Wilder claims he is a free agent and Fury can only fight on ESPN now.

Fury already manned up and fought Wilder in his own backyard on his platform. Wilder would still be fighting in his home country but without the PBC protection program behind him this time...sounds way more fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                      No Wilder needs to man up and fight outside of the PBC protection program for once. ESPN has the money, if the rematch doesn't happen it's on Wilder since Wilder claims he is a free agent and Fury can only fight on ESPN now.

Fury already manned up and fought Wilder in his own backyard on his platform. Wilder would still be fighting in his home country but without the PBC protection program behind him this time...sounds way more fair to me.
                      showtime has the money too stupid...they had ajs 50 mil for one fight....dummy

Comment

Working...
                      X