Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2019, 07:52 AM #291
kraftzman kraftzman is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,204
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
kraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond reputekraftzman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,130.77
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 3,224.70
Default

So what's the answer? What is so "dubious" about Fury's decision?

The title itself sounded like Fury is already the bad guy here. The bad guy who saved Finkel and Wilder the humiliation of having to fight another bum for less than $2 mil after turning down multiple belts and $15 mil.

Again, Fury doesn't owe anyone a damn thing.
kraftzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-23-2019, 08:00 AM #292
R_Walken R_Walken is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5,335
Quoted: 2418 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
R_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,890.14
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 32,022.94
Awesome posts, get yourself an avatar to match - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
You're confusing a proposal with a deal or contract. Arum said Wilder could have the rematch next. Wheather he accepts the offer is optional , that offer isn't disclosed and said any news on it is fake as is the Fury money. So you guys are just spreading false news as I stated yesterday. Finkel said he would look it over , if he doesn't know what it entailed as of yesterday how do you ? Ha
Donít quote Arum and make it seem like it should be looked as true when heís talking about a fighter of his. Heís on record saying boxing fans are the dumbest of sports fans and that he was lying yesterday but today heís telling the truth

I wonder why Arum would say publicly that Wilder has a option to have the rematch next if he wanted them send a contract to Wilder with the details being anything but that. M

I donít know maybe itís a stretch to think a promoter who just signed a fighter to his company, who held secret negotiations and just ran away from a highly anticipated rematch to take place in May with terms that are more then fair and the winner leaving no doubt that he is among the best 2 in the division

but instead chose to go and fight probably mostly 2nd and 3rd tier HWs instead for years . Arum will of course try and save face and Furyís reputation in public because fighters that are looked at as running away from a challenge usually isnít respected in the sport among fans or media even if it isnít the case. But this time it actually looks like thatís the case. Why wouldnt Arum risk signing fury and set up a immediate rematch with no futures on Wilder. If Arum did and Fury got KOd and Wilder could just walk back over with Furyís scalp back to the PBC leaving Arum to try and build up Fury stock that just took a massive hit for his remaining 4 fights. That doesnít seem like a option Arum would ever consider. Iím sure Iíll be proven wrong and Arum is diligently working on that immediate Fury / Wilder rematch with no futures on Wilder
R_Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:08 AM #293
REDEEMER REDEEMER is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,385
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,475.28
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 29,602.44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Walken View Post
Donít quote Arum and make it seem like it should be looked as true when heís talking about a fighter of his. Heís on record saying boxing fans are the dumbest of sports fans and that he was lying yesterday but today heís telling the truth

I wonder why Arum would say publicly that Wilder has a option to have the rematch next if he wanted them send a contract to Wilder with the details being anything but that. M

I donít know maybe itís a stretch to think a promoter who just signed a fighter to his company, who held secret negotiations and just ran away from a highly anticipated rematch to take place in May with terms that are more then fair and the winner leaving no doubt that he is among the best 2 in the division

but instead chose to go and fight probably mostly 2nd and 3rd tier HWs instead for years . Arum will of course try and save face and Furyís reputation in public because fighters that are looked at as running away from a challenge usually isnít respected in the sport among fans or media even if it isnít the case. But this time it actually looks like thatís the case. Why wouldnt Arum risk signing fury and set up a immediate rematch with no futures on Wilder. If Arum did and Fury got KOd and Wilder could just walk back over with Furyís scalp back to the PBC leaving Arum to try and build up Fury stock that just took a massive hit for his remaining 4 fights. That doesnít seem like a option Arum would ever consider. Iím sure Iíll be proven wrong and Arum is diligently working on that immediate Fury / Wilder rematch with no futures on Wilder
Finkel confirmed what Arum said. The proposal is not known to the public so you haven't a clue what your rambling about ,a 5 fight deal that Wilder needs to sign? Ha

In one instance you use Arums words and in another he's not telling the truth, you're all over the place. Take a sedative and wait for Finkels media response ,.You have a habit putting your foot in your mouth.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
REDEEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:09 AM #294
genrick genrick is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,465
Quoted: 2067 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
genrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these parts
Points: 15,643.14
Bank: 12,337.07
Total Points: 27,980.21
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
have points in common - BreWall Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
So what's the answer? What is so "dubious" about Fury's decision?

The title itself sounded like Fury is already the bad guy here. The bad guy who saved Finkel and Wilder the humiliation of having to fight another bum for less than $2 mil after turning down multiple belts and $15 mil.

Again, Fury doesn't owe anyone a damn thing.
Yeah, I don't get it either.
They talk about Fury owing fans the rematch.
Since when did these clowns care about what fans want?
Deontay didn't. All he cared about is his retirement pay.
3 title shots and the chance to be king of the division didn't even motivate him.
Yes, the guy who feasted on bums most of his entire career.
genrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:25 AM #295
True-Boxing-Fan True-Boxing-Fan is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,822
Quoted: 1189 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
True-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTrue-Boxing-Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,550.98
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 21,678.14
Don't ever call me a monkey again - Mr McDowell 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
Well letís see what happens next, I just donít think he would accept monies that low anymore. After tasting the good life with the Fury fight he was already calling himself the A-side in the HW division (Deluded I know).
Dude you acting like he made 10+ million for the fury fight. His guarantee for the Fury fight was only 4 million. So 4 million to fight a lower caliber fighter is great and very more than reasonable. Heíd be stupid not to take an offer like that.
True-Boxing-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:32 AM #296
MDPopescu MDPopescu is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20,547
Quoted: 4925 Post(s)
Rep Power: 76
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,359.25
Bank: 17,823.85
Total Points: 46,183.10
happy holidays - Dean_Razorback Thanks! - Santa_ Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod 
Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart 
thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey SlŠinte .. Good health :) - kafkod 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 
Default

I don't remember: did Fury donate his purse money or not?........................................
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:02 AM #297
SchoolTheseCats SchoolTheseCats is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 3,046
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
SchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,829.69
Bank: 1,144.15
Total Points: 15,973.84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
The 5 fight contract hasn't been established it was a 3 fight one according to Arum so again the article has holes in it and went on nothing but hearsay. It wouldn't matter read my previous post . You keep saying the same thing over and over of having to sign a 5 fight deal to fight Fury as though it you keep saying it , it will be true ? Ha
Did you even read the article fat dan from ESPN WROTE on offer arum sent to Finkel? It doesnít say no ďhey you donít have to agree to five fight deal to get fury rematch nextĒ.... It states itís a five fight offer with the rematch possibly taking place in the fall, idk why I even keep responding to your attempts at trolling when 3 reliable sources have confirmed the offer arum sent to wilder. Pugimire, Idec, and Rafael
SchoolTheseCats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:03 AM #298
SchoolTheseCats SchoolTheseCats is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 3,046
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
SchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond reputeSchoolTheseCats has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,829.69
Bank: 1,144.15
Total Points: 15,973.84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
The 5 fight contract hasn't been established it was a 3 fight one according to Arum so again the article has holes in it and went on nothing but hearsay. It wouldn't matter read my previous post . You keep saying the same thing over and over of having to sign a 5 fight deal to fight Fury as though it you keep saying it , it will be true ? Ha
Did you even read the article fat dan from ESPN WROTE on offer arum sent to Finkel? It doesnít say no ďhey you donít have to agree to five fight deal to get fury rematch nextĒ.... It states itís a five fight offer with the rematch possibly taking place in the fall, idk why I even keep responding to your attempts at trolling when 3 reliable sources have confirmed the offer arum sent to wilder. Pugimire, Idec, and Rafael with Finkel even reporting itís true and going sit down with wilder and rest of team and go over it
SchoolTheseCats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:49 AM #299
Ray* Ray* is offline
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 36,255
Quoted: 4924 Post(s)
Rep Power: 89
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 73,479.25
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 74,612.05
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsarenice View Post
If Shelly can negotiate it, Wilder can do a one off free agent fight on ESPN. They already fought on Showtime and ESPN will pay more.


That sword cuts both ways.
Yeah as long as they donít put options on Wilder then why not. But I doubt Arum would do that.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:52 AM #300
Ray* Ray* is offline
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 36,255
Quoted: 4924 Post(s)
Rep Power: 89
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 73,479.25
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 74,612.05
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
Dude you acting like he made 10+ million for the fury fight. His guarantee for the Fury fight was only 4 million. So 4 million to fight a lower caliber fighter is great and very more than reasonable. Heíd be stupid not to take an offer like that.
I understand, I too donít believe he made more than 8million dollars for his last fight, am going by the 14m dollars that his fangirls are throwing around. If he indeed made 14m dollars then no way would be accept 4m dollars for this interim fight.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Copyright © 2003-2019 BoxingScene.com All rights reserved.