No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Ruling Out Future Fight at 175, Facing Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
    You only want to talk about the current Canelo but then try to make your argument about him when he was 23.
    Stopped reading here.

The article states future.. and isn’t the point the current and future Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      And you base all this on what? The guy is way past his prime with a style that has a short shelf life. He's not Hopkins. Can Golokin make 168? I'm sure he can. Is it a prime weight? No it is not. Does he walk around at 190? No he does not. I walk around at 190 and when I stood next to him I felt like a giant.
      You’re not a real Golovkin fan. You can dwell on GGG’s past, he’s got some great and better fights to come. Don’t worry about it

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
        I know why Canelo is confident, apparently GGG slept Kovalev in a sparring match. If Canelo can withstand Kova's power he can easily outbox him. GGG is a superior boxer than Kovalev
        I agree with that. Canelo can win.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Let's say he cheated and took clen. Clen is a weight loss steroid, it's used to cut fat fast. If you want to use it to maximize your muscle gains, you gotta stack it with test and tren. Canelo didn't get caught using any other steroid.

The stigma of steroids is ruined by steroid abusers, but when used properly in a professional weight cutting program, clen is actually harmless and the main advantage it gives you as a pro boxer is that you will be able to make the contracted weight.

Sure you'll read other uses clen has, but the main one is weight cutting. You will not find a bodybuilder who uses steroids and are using clen as their muscle building drug.
          You can buy into the bad hamburger excuse or maybe, just maybe, he used PEDS to gain an advantage knowing that he would cycle off in time and then sneak in Clenbuterol to burn off whatever excess he could to make weight....but he got caught. If you were unbiased you would admit the later is the most logical scenario and the only thing that makes sense considering the circumstance and the 30 million dollar paydays at stake.

As for the cycle on and off theory, it's not a theory at all. In fact many bodybuilding will do just that then use Clenbuterol to cut weight because it will also allow you to retain mass. Everybody knows what I'm saying is true just not everybody in here.
          Last edited by factsarenice; 02-23-2019, 04:22 AM.

Comment

It's sad the hate that he's getting. No matter where you stand with him, you should always applaud people chasing greatness.

He's definitely undersized for 175 though - although defense and reflexes do carry up in weight.

Comment

Why not? All he has to do is survive for 12 rounds and the judges will award him a decision

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                I agree with that. Canelo can win.
                Is everyone crazy? Canelo isn't fighting Kovelev, not now not ever because he would get blown out. He's not even willing to fight the top 160bers. Canelo is short for a middle weight, he wouldn't beat a top 5 at 168ler not named Lemieux or Feilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  Why not? All he has to do is survive for 12 rounds and the judges will award him a decision
                  That's actually true

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                    Lol. wth do you mean of course? Kovs is still a top 3 guy at 175 right now.

That said I like Canelo's chances. Canelo is a murderous body puncher and Kovs can't take it to the body. Canelo by 10th rd stoppage should they meet.
                    I agree with your logic, however much easier said than done, especially when you’re up against someone who’s much bigger than you who also has skills.

Kov should in theory be able to keep Canelo at long range, should they meet. Yes Canelo can outbox him but Kov would have nothing to fear in terms of being hurt, much smaller guys have comfortably gone 12 with Canelo.

I personally think 175 is a bridge too far for him, even fighters like Callum Smith at 168 would be a nightmare of a fight for Canelo, you’d have to back either to stop Canelo late, they’d literally walk him down and stop him late imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      Stopped reading here.

The article states future.. and isn’t the point the current and future Canelo?
                      Canelo lost to a little guy he was supposed to beat. Canelo not only lost, he lost so badly that the bias judges in the tank for Canelo couldn't justify giving it to him..though they tried. Lastly, any attempt to make a comparison between Tommy hearns, Lenard and Canelo is silly.

Comment

Working...
                      X