Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Boxing Budgets Realesed: DAZN 200+ Mil, ESPN 90 Mil, SHO/FOX 100 Mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearn must be embezzling his portion of the $200M.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
      After DAZN signed Canelo their instagram went from like 11k followers to 140k+

They are literally a format in their infancy and there's a way to go but Alvarez vs Jacobs is going to be the first big DAZN night so lets see how that goes and then assess from there
      Lots of people who post here don't see how much reach DAZN already has in sports.... Its just gonna get bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Canelo probably gets half of that budget or something...what else are they doing with that kind of money. Not like they put on massive fights weekly
        Canelo got 365m for 11 fights. So he's getting $66m a year basically.

I keep hearing Hearn gets $120m a year, but I've been calling bs on that as have others & this just confirms that unless you buy GBP & the WBSS are splitting the other $14m.

Then again we don't know that Canelo's deal doesn't start lower & increase as he goes either.

Comment

Almost $400 dollars by all stations and yet boxing is still 89% mismatches on tv???

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            Don't know why DAZN have a hard time recruiting fighters with that budget.

They don't have to hire big stars. Every fight needs undercards, anyways. Go for names who did well last year. If Ruiz ($100K purse) pulls an upset on Davis, for example, would it be hard to recruit him? No.

How about recruiting names such as Pedraza, Korobov, Derveyanchenko, Brant, Josesito, etc.
            Hearn needs to give up trying to lure PBC fighters.
            The feeling of being protected by uncle Al is too hard to break.
            DAZN needs to build its own stars.
            Forget the Charlos, Davis, etc. they're not active anyway.

Comment

A lot of good unifications could happen on Dazn. Hope they can put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                They need like 16-17 million monthly subscribers from the US to just break even
                If they do 17m in one month they are freerolling & all profit the next 11 months doe lol.

Its a subscription service. People add subs & forget about them all the time. A more reasonable & attainable angle is they need ~1.6m subs a month for the year to break even.

And its worth noting that I believe DAZN is using content across national platforms with some of its content too. Not sure how much of the boxing content they are doing that with thus far, but basically they aren't just taking in money from US boxing fans they are taking in money from boxing fans in other countries...or they will be if they aren't already doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                  I wonder if people will laugh at them blowing their money like they did with the PBC.
                  No I think the two main guys at DAZN are white so its all good. Its an investment in the future. A gamble on themselves.

Its only when non-white people are throwing out money that a certain segment of NSBers say the investment is a waste or its a scam or other negative sh^t.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                    Almost $400 dollars by all stations and yet boxing is still 89% mismatches on tv???

Lol you aren't wrong at all doe sadly. When I look at sports odds you can always tell when you are at the boxing section. There is no other betting sport where you'll regularly see -2000 to -5000 favorites like you will in boxing

Comment

Isn't there a select 8-bit demo graphics of youtube channels that say DAZN is doing poor or will not make it? Canelo is 30% of DAZNs budget for 2019.

Comment

Working...
                      X