Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO to begin a weekly Boxing news/info show in 2012!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this news is awesome!
    like every1 has said, this is long overdue; But better late than never!

So by quarterly Im assuming only 4 shows a year....? ..if so...

Once a week would be sooo great! Please make that happen HBO! There are soo many fights going on weekly but just dont get coverage, and a lot of them are strong up and comers. There is definitly enough material to be gathered between highlights, interviews, mini Ring Lifes, fight promotions, ect...

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    This is what boxing needs. They need to highlight the stars but use most of the time promoting the up and comers. Keep it fresh while also taping in on the mainstream fighters who need very little introductions.

This is the best thing for boxing! About time... maybe SHOWTIME will follow up with a show a like.
    agreed

Comment

Great news for the sport. I actually think the sport in in an awesome position right now. Floyd and Manny have both brought great attention to the sport world wide. And there's so many possible future super stars coming up. Its a great time to be a boxing fan . . . (other than the whole floyd/pac not happening)

Comment

cool.........

Comment

This should be hosted by Brian Kenny.

Comment

Should be good sad part is they may only talk about boxing news involving their fighters.

A spanish news channel had this years ago, it was good and they put the light on every fighter from the big timers to the prospects lasted a good while. Best of luck to Hbo i am sure they can make a good show.

Best thing the could of happened to boxing is mma, before mma you'd go to yahoo, or espn, etc. and you'd have to click on "other sports" to get to boxing news, now boxing and mma are right next to each other in the sports page.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              Hell yes!! When it's HBO it's gotta be be great. I wish HBO would make an HBO Boxing channel with a few shows and I don't care if they replay old fights or whatever. It would be awesome.
              That would be awesome!

But what does Dan Raf mean when he says the show will start off as quarterly... does that mean it'll be 4 times a year o_O

Comment

Anything that promotes the sport is a good thing.

Comment

I read that in the chat too. Rafael also said HBO would "cover boxing" so not only would they cover HBO's televised fights but Showtime and ESPN bout's too. If it's any fighter of importance or relevance I imagine they will be mentioned on the show. Lampley will be hosting.

He did say it would begin as a quarterly show meaning 4x a year but with it's success - and with Lampley hosting, plus our support - the show will be done more frequently. I think once a month would be ideal.

Comment

i would assume that this is one of Ken Hershman's idea's and first acts in taking over HBO? If so he's off to a good start, optimism regarding the direction of boxing, what a strange feeling.

Comment

In Biggies voice, "baby baby"

Comment

Working...
                      X