No announcement yet.

I think Joshua is done, career effectively over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Joshua is done, career effectively over

I've been following him on social media since the defeat, and as was in the ring after the fight, he does not give a ****.

He's laughing it up and goofing off with fans and pulling wheelies on pushbikes

I think he is going to lose the rematch and retire, there's no hunger in him no more, he's got like 80m in the bank, he just doesn't care anymore.

Don't get pulled in on the rematch

Perhaps he’s just part of the DAZN plan. I’m hearing the contract Ruiz signed made DAZN the first option for his next 2 fights.

Josh flattens Ruiz in the rematch and Ruiz gets paid. Then Ruiz would be on DAZN for one or two more fights than retire to snickers factory and live happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post

I think he is going to lose the rematch and retire, there's no hunger in him no more, he's got like 80m in the bank, he just doesn't care anymore.
      - -You drink often?

Comment

He's got millions of dollars, he's young, and he's single.

I wouldn't blame him if he retires after the rematch.

Comment

hearn started talking about the rematch as soon as aj quit, he doesn't care about ajs mental health

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
            hearn started talking about the rematch as soon as aj quit, he doesn't care about ajs mental health
            100%

Someone needs to sit AJ down and get him to figure out if he still wants it.

Because if not, you don't half ass it

Comment

I'll reserve judgement until after the rematch.
              Maybe Joshua's lost the hunger, maybe it was just an off night, maybe Ruiz is his unexpected kryptonite, or maybe Joshua just is not as good as I was led to believe.
              All I know is; if I had amassed the wealth that Joshua already has, the only thing I'd be hungry for is good food, booze and just generally the easy life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post
                I've been following him on social media since the defeat, and as was in the ring after the fight, he does not give a ****.

He's laughing it up and goofing off with fans and pulling wheelies on pushbikes

Don't get pulled in on the rematch
                I say you are right. he lost the worse way it can be done

Comment

I wouldn't make the claim that he's done quite yet until we see him in another fight. But as far as speculating, certainly there are things there that COULD give the impression that his heart is no longer in the sport. When someone said that he's made over 100 millions pounds from fighting which equates to over $80 million, I thought to myself, "Wow, that's a lot of money." When you look at the way he lost the fight, when he didn't want to continue, and you start to realize how much fame and money he's already acquired you start to wonder if Joshua is OK with life now.

Again, I'm not claiming he's done because I still want to see how he performs in his next fight. But let's take some things into consideration. He's young and went undefeated for twenty some fights. He amassed a fortune and reached great heights in the sport. He fought in stadiums in front of 70-90 thousand people. He defeated a legend in Wladimir Klitschko and became unified champion. That's quite the list of accomplishments. Can he continue to accomplish more? Of course. It all depends on Anthony Joshua. That's why I want to see him fight again. I want to see if his heart is still there. If he still has that hunger. But if Anthony Joshua comes to this conclusion on his own before he fights, I would want him to call it a day.

Comment

He will be gun shy in the rematch because he knows he is in danger when he opens up. He will try to box and move but will gas out in 8 rounds and get stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X