Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Skipper not thrilled with the idea of AJ fighting in the UK next.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Skipper not thrilled with the idea of AJ fighting in the UK next.

When Kugan mentions Joshua has said his next fight will be in the UK Skipper explains how it's more important to fight in the US. Like I always say, the US is what matters. Skipper agrees.

DAZN has to much momentum from yesterday to let AJ go back to the UK and fight at 5pm US time on a Saturday during college football season.

Time stamped to that part of the interview

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    When Kugan mentions Joshua has said his next fight will be in the UK Skipper explains how it's more important to fight in the US. Like I always say, the US is what matters. Skipper agrees.

DAZN has to much momentum from yesterday to let AJ go back to the UK and fight at 5pm US time on a Saturday during college football season.

Joshua isn't signed to DAZN and Matchroom Sport's whole business largely goes up in smoke if this rematch doesn't get sorted.

I doubt that John Skipper has anywhere near the say on AJ that he thinks he has, and if the camp thinks a monster event at Wembley is the best way to get this sorted, Joshua is heading to Wembley and DAZN can decide if they want the fight or not.

Comment

Skipper might not even pick Joshua back up after his next fight

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Looks like Bill Wyman, bass player of the Stones

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Eddie ****ed his career up no wonder AJ father tried to chin him

Comment

Completely off topic but I'd have loved to have seen Barry Hearn's live reaction with his stupid facial expressions and mouth movements.

The guy looks like a wax work.

I know the guys from Essex but does he have to pronounce "do" as "DUUUUUUUU" every time he says it and anything similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Joshua isn't signed to DAZN and Matchroom Sport's whole business largely goes up in smoke if this rematch doesn't get sorted.

I doubt that John Skipper has anywhere near the say on AJ that he thinks he has, and if the camp thinks a monster event at Wembley is the best way to get this sorted, Joshua is heading to Wembley and DAZN can decide if they want the fight or not.

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

These British posters are most know nothing *******s I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
                These British posters are most know nothing *******s I've ever seen.
                To be fair to them I have heard Eddie say AJ can fight ok and network. I think we all took that to mean he doesn't have a deal with DAZN. What he was probably saying is AJ can fight for whoever offers the most money.

Comment

Thought Joshua was fight by fight with dazn, he is signed to Matchroom UK though. I guess it depends what is in the rematch contract, but if it is up to Joshua and even Matchroom he will be fighting in the UK for sure.

The big fights require him to get his belts back first, that would be more likely in the UK so thats where it will be, plus it will be a massive fight there. If dazn were smart they would see their best bet is to have Joshua get his belts back as step one.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I know the guys from Essex but does he have to pronounce "do" as "DUUUUUUUU" every time he says it and anything similar?
                    Didn't notice at first but listening back, he is pretty marble mouthed. I caught a few 'wif's (=with) too.

Comment

Working...
                    X