No announcement yet.

FFVII remake not happening.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    i mean this was kinda a given. replayed through chronotrigger last week classic. btw does anybody know if a us psn card will work on uk psn? i wanna play through ff6.
    just d/l the rom and emulator for your computer, thats how i play snes games.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      just d/l the rom and emulator for your computer, thats how i play snes games.
      seems like i might have to

Comment

Well, atleast they admit that todays games lack the content and creativity of the classics. THey try to blind us with sweet graphics to make us forget the fact that the game becomes shorter and less original every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
          Well, atleast they admit that todays games lack the content and creativity of the classics. THey try to blind us with sweet graphics to make us forget the fact that the game becomes shorter and less original every year.
          I wouldn't say that. Skyrim is never ending, I've been playing for over 50 hours and haven't completed all the guilds.

And let us not forget in today's games we have add-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Flab View Post
            I wouldn't say that. Skyrim is never ending, I've been playing for over 50 hours and haven't completed all the guilds.

And let us not forget in today's games we have add-ons.
            Skyrim and fallout despite their minor flaws, bugs and annoyances are in a different class. Definitely a throwback to the old RPG's you could spent weeks upon weeks with.

However....
            every FPS game now got the recycled-label slapped on it
            and so many games lack the content of the predecessors because they have a 1 year limit to rush a new game out.

FF13 -> Stunning graphics on a piece of fucking shit game *PUKE* Weak story and endless grinding.
            DA2 -> Stunning graphics but a dumbed down game to the point it was unrecognizable. Every dungeon was copy-paste to the point it was laughable and tedious.
            Look at the reviews for Uncharted 3 -> Great game but couldn't live up to Uncharted 2

Of course we got Add-ons now I'm all for expansion packs but those stupid DLC's called ''map packs'' or ''weapons packs'' are the worst rip off in recorded history and it beats me why people waste money on it.

Gaming industry is slacking, hard. People who don't see that how hard the recession hit'em got their head firmly up their rear end.

Comment

I haven't played Final Fantasy since 10. I think I made the right choice too. Last JRPG I played and enjoyed was Blue Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Flab View Post
                I haven't played Final Fantasy since 10. I think I made the right choice too. Last JRPG I played and enjoyed was Blue Dragon.
                ff12 was ****ingt awesome.

hours and hours and hours and hours of side quests.

like theres a cheat where you fight this guy thats near invinciable really really really earlie in the game and a phenix down kills him in one hit since hes undead.

so you kill him then before he dissapears you leave the map so then when you walk back in hes still there. you do that over and over and over and over and over again till your like lvl 30 when you should only be lvl 6.

at this point you can hop a fence grab a chocobo and make it to the strongest weapon in the game and nearly 10% from then end of the game in only about 30 hours(thats 30 hours including the lvling).

BUT THEN......you start rocking the side quests, and you find yourself playing for another 200 hours.

FF12 was quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  ff12 was ****ingt awesome.

hours and hours and hours and hours of side quests.

like theres a cheat where you fight this guy thats near invinciable really really really earlie in the game and a phenix down kills him in one hit since hes undead.

so you kill him then before he dissapears you leave the map so then when you walk back in hes still there. you do that over and over and over and over and over again till your like lvl 30 when you should only be lvl 6.

at this point you can hop a fence grab a chocobo and make it to the strongest weapon in the game and nearly 10% from then end of the game in only about 30 hours(thats 30 hours including the lvling).

BUT THEN......you start rocking the side quests, and you find yourself playing for another 200 hours.

FF12 was quite good.
                  That's always been a good trick in the Final Fantasy series.

Comment

This basically explains why they have made FF more and more linear and streamlined into just simple corridors that you run from A->B for a cutscene, rinse and repeat.

Poor form in my opinion...I, and I am sure others, want to see that effort and hard work has been put into games....If games like Skyrim and even the likes of Fable, etc can have big masses of land with villages and a decent population then why can't we get that in FF again?

I'm surprised because FF7 has so much hype and nostalgia behind it that if they make the game decent then it will make an insane amount of money. Nintendo have re-released Ocarina enough times!

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
                      This basically explains why they have made FF more and more linear and streamlined into just simple corridors that you run from A->B for a cutscene, rinse and repeat.

Poor form in my opinion...I, and I am sure others, want to see that effort and hard work has been put into games....If games like Skyrim and even the likes of Fable, etc can have big masses of land with villages and a decent population then why can't we get that in FF again?

I'm surprised because FF7 has so much hype and nostalgia behind it that if they make the game decent then it will make an insane amount of money. Nintendo have re-released Ocarina enough times!
                      You should note that Skyrim, Fable, etc. all sacrifice plot/story to compensate for that open world play. It's too bad everyone is such a graphics/FPS whore nowadays such that party members are no longer considered viable to the experience and the graphics have to be top notch rather than putting the emphasis on quality content like in the Baldur's Gate series.

Comment

Working...
                      X