Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz didn’t prove he was world class, he proved that AJ isn’t.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s okay because the second he steps in the ring with Wilder. He will be treated to an early Bomb and get KTFO.
    Or he can get slapped by Fury for 12 rounds to a boring UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Coulda, woulda, shoulda... Fact is he had more balls than the bigger names, and he has a better name on his resume than Wilder for example. And he is the unified champion. He did it in lesser time than the other champ. He would get well rewarded for taking risks. Something other champs didn’t want to.
      How’s it a fact? Fury went and fought both Klitschko and Wilder in their own backyards. Fury and Wilders recent opposition is admittedly woeful (Especially Shwarz) but it’s not like they haven’t faced better opposition than AJ previously.

He has a better win (not name) on his resume than Wilder though, I agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
        Lol at these threads. Ruiz ruined no only AJ but posters on here.
        Now AJ is not elite and Ruiz wouldn’t win a round against Fury.
        Hahahahahaha
        Your point is?

AJ was never elite, and Fury schools Ruiz.

Comment

There isn't much to split between the key names on their resumes, that's why they need to continue fighting each other.

AJ: Wlad, Povetkin, (Ruiz)
          Wilder: Ortiz, Fury
          Fury: Wlad, Wilder
          Ruiz: Parker, AJ
          Parker: Ruiz, AJ

Comment

He is world class, has been in with 2 top 5 HW at the time and did well in both, demolishing Joshua. You don't have to say only 1 or 2 fighters at each weight should be called world class. Their isn't many good HW's out there i will admit but Ruiz has proven he is clearly one of them.

World class, world level whatever you mean Ruiz is, he is no journeyman or bum that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              I agree but you have to give credit to Ruiz as well...he wanted it more.
              Contrast their bodylanguage after getting knocked down, Ruiz was straight back at it, eager to show the reff he was fine and straight back into the pocket, AJ on the other hand was not eager to show the reff he was fine and his bodylanguage was looking for a way out.

and for the record i would stick a score on Ruiz to beat Wilder, just for the fact he has a great chin and wilder has even worse defence and inside game than AJ...
              Got up and ate a hard right hand from AJ and didn't flinch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                He's the man because he has 3 belts. Fury performed good against Wilder but he doesn't have a title or any leverage at all. I'm not saying Ruiz is the best heavyweight because I think Fury is, but Ruiz holds the cards now. Especially if he wins the rematch with AJ. That's not hype, it's fact
                Belts mean nothing they’re just a marketing tool to fool fans. Title lineage is what matters. Fury is the man at HW.

I agree Ruiz has a lot of leverage but he only has leverage over AJ. Ruiz won’t be the A side against AJ, Fury or Wilder. Champion or not

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                  He is world class, has been in with 2 top 5 HW at the time and did well in both, demolishing Joshua. You don't have to say only 1 or 2 fighters at each weight should be called world class. Their isn't many good HW's out there i will admit but Ruiz has proven he is clearly one of them.

World class, world level whatever you mean Ruiz is, he is no journeyman or bum that is for sure.
                  Not a journeyman obviously, he’s a solid fighter a top 10 guy but not elite/world class. There were delusional guys who had AJ on p4p lists, and now they’re trying to fill the void with Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Belts mean nothing they’re just a marketing tool to fool fans. Title lineage is what matters. Fury is the man at HW.

I agree Ruiz has a lot of leverage but he only has leverage over AJ. Ruiz won’t be the A side against AJ, Fury or Wilder. Champion or not
                    If belts mean nothing then Fury would be the most popular and talked about heavyweight out there, but he isn't. Nobody is tuning in to see him fight Schwarz or whatever his name is and any momentum he had he killed when he decided not to jump into that Wilder rematch. Ruiz has leverage now because he won, he'll have even more if he beats AJ again. Fury is a stateside fighter now until his Espn contract runs out, he has no leverage over Ruiz, Ruiz has titles and the Mexican fan base, he's the more popular fighter. Plus he has other names he can fight like Wilder, Kownacki, Miller(if they let his cheating behind fight again). Meanwhile Fury relevance is dependent on the Wilder rematch, ESPN isn't going to pay him all that money for Schwarz level fights, even Arum said that.

Like I said, Fury is the best HW fighter out there in my opinion (although not really that entertaining). But the man in the public's eyes (you know, the ones paying to watch the fights) is the guy holding the titles. Heck Fury isn't even as popular as AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Coulda, woulda, shoulda... Fact is he had more balls than the bigger names, and he has a better name on his resume than Wilder for example. And he is the unified champion. He did it in lesser time than the other champ. He would get well rewarded for taking risks. Something other champs didn’t want to.
                      /End thread

Comment

Working...
                      X