Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: Joshua Will Get Shocked, I'll Make History For Mexico!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruiz is probably top 10, but Joshua is N.1. I don`t believe in upset.

Comment

Ruiz will replace Canelo as the most popular Mexicant!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        He needs to be studying the povetkin fight on how to counter the size advantage, povetkin was doing well until the stoppage. Stamina and strategy should be Ruiz’s game
        I agree. Get on AJ before he adapts and gets his timing and distance right. He starts slow. Sometimes u can win those early rounds by just landing an extra jab, compared to getting the same single point by dominating a later round by multiple punches. Try hard early, survive the middle and hope for a second wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
          He was born in the US. I don't know how exactly he represents Mexico now.
          Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          True. Completely ignoring where he was born. Has he at least ever lived in Mexico ?!?!?

Meh.....more nonsense to pile on the ''let's sell the fight'' wagon.

The typical no hoper post fight comment (if they're not rushed off to the ER) -

''I gave it my all. He's a great champion. It was an honor to be in the same ring. Not to make excuses BUT I kinda injured myself in there. Me and my team will go back to the drawing board and come back better.''

Born in the USA like Margarito was and like Cotto was, he grew up in Mexicali. Went to school there too, I questioned his “Mexican thing” when he was talking about this. Then I went on YouTube and he has been representing Mexico from day 1. So he isn’t saying this after only three weeks, he has been saying this for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
            Andy Ruiz has no chance, he doesn't hit hard enough and lacks reach , his skills are average to above average and he appears to have a lot of heart but his physical limitations are too significant.
            His heart and engine and reasonable chin and some amateur background can see him past most heavyweights but he's not going to do anything to Joshua (who I don't like particularly)
            Good for him getting paid though

I guess he will get pummelled and stopped mid to late
            Lacks reach? Firstly am not picking him to beat Joshua here but either some of you guys think Joshua is a boxing god or you haven’t research Ruiz enough. Don’t speak like a casual, do a bit of research.

Watch his fight in macau against Joe Hank for example, he has the same high and physical built as Joshua and then come back about the “Reach” that you mentioned here in your post.

Don’t let his terrible shape fool you in terms of what he can do in the ring, can he do those things against Joshua? Who knows but Ruiz is a good boxer with sound fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Born in the USA like Margarito was and like Cotto was, he grew up in Mexicali. Went to school there too, I questioned his “Mexican thing” when he was talking about this. Then I went on YouTube and he has been representing Mexico from day 1. So he isn’t saying this after only three weeks, he has been saying this for years.
              Gave him the opportunities to get where he's at. Why does it have to be all Mexico.

TBF, Mexico can have him

Comment

Gave him the opportunities to get where he's at. Why does it have to be all Mexico.

TBF, Mexico can have him
                I don’t know, i remember questioning him too a couple of weeks ago, then I research him and he fought for the Mexican golden globes and Olympic nations trials etc, had his first few pro fights in Mexicali, went to school there, speaks Spanish well etc

Then I saw an interview with him with thaboxingvoice when he signed with PBC, he was talking about wanting to be the first Mexican HW boxer etc so I knew he wasn’t just using Mexico to further his career. He is unknown so I doubt Mexicans know him as well as the bigger names.

Comment

True. Completely ignoring where he was born. Has he at least ever lived in Mexico ?!?!?

Meh.....more nonsense to pile on the ''let's sell the fight'' wagon.

The typical no hoper post fight comment (if they're not rushed off to the ER) -

''I gave it my all. He's a great champion. It was an honor to be in the same ring. Not to make excuses BUT I kinda injured myself in there. Me and my team will go back to the drawing board and come back better.''
                  Sounds to me as if your a tad disallusioned with boxing atm.

Comment

I know it won't happen but we all remember Buster Douglas. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I don’t know, i remember questioning him too a couple of weeks ago, then I research him and he fought for the Mexican golden globes and Olympic nations trials etc, had his first few pro fights in Mexicali, went to school there, speaks Spanish well etc

Then I saw an interview with him with thaboxingvoice when he signed with PBC, he was talking about wanting to be the first Mexican HW boxer etc so I knew he wasn’t just using Mexico to further his career. He is unknown so I doubt Mexicans know him as well as the bigger names.
                      Personally, I never gave into this nationalistic way of being a fan. The better man will 99 % of the time win. Where they come from or how many people root for him won't matter much.

He has partial pride. I wonder if he has USD in his wallet or pesos......

Comment

Working...
                      X