Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene Championship Stats, Records Update: November 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    The WBA "super" champion is the real WBA champion in a weight class.

The WBA "regular" champion is just secondary bullcrap.

That's why I don't give any credit to Golovkin for supposedly having tied the record of 20 consecutive title defenses at middleweight. 5 of those were defenses of the regular belt so they shouldn't count in the record books.

Just like Canelo beating Fielding for the regular belt shouldn't count as winning a real championship at 168 lbs.

this ^^

nice job

neither Golovkins WBA junior defences, nor Canelos WBA junior title, are worth a damn

props to Cliff Rold for upholding the integrity of boxing

I pray others follow that lead

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
      That's like saying Pac isn't a 8 division champ because held ring titles instead of the other alphabet trinkets.
      I'm not even trying to be a dick about this my dude.

I rate Canelo and Pac highly, both are my p4p pick actually, depending on my mood. Canelo, for the present impressiveness but Pac's still here and still the legend so, kinda on merit. Not saying Thurman wasn't impressive just that Thurman alone isn't enough to deseat Canelo.

Anyway, Yeah, Pac's not an 8 division champ, that's just promo BS.

Canelo doesn't get full credit for a WBA-R.

Officially, what makes a belt legit is the co-sign of the other legit bodies. The WBA-S is officially equal to the WBC, IBF, and WBO titles. So says the WBC, IBF, and WBO. When the WBC, IBF, and WBO all agree the WBA-R is equal to something it will have official status. Until then, it's official prestige is limited to only within the confines of the WBA.

Just the way it is my dude. WBC-F means dick, WBA-R means dick, WBA-G means dick, WBC-M means dick.

NABO might get you ranked by the WBO but it means dick to the IBF.

USBA might mean you'll get ranked in the IBF but it means dick to the WBC

EBU might get you ranked by the WBC but it means dick to the WBA

WBA-R might get you an assured uni with WBA-S eventually but to the WBO it means dick.

You get it? We can't allow titles to mean what the body pushing it says it does. If we did the WBC-F would be like the best belt when in actuality it's stripping a WBC champ and handing him a trophy because the IBF, WBA, and WBO will not allow the WBC to make an officially superior to their own title. ...rightly.

Otherwise, ****, man, I think the IBA and WBF are still around. Monte Masters style **** would be all over.

Ring means nothing, Lineal means nothing, TBRB means nothing, Boxrec means nothing, there is only the uneasy developments between bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        this ^^

nice job

neither Golovkins WBA junior defences, nor Canelos WBA junior title, are worth a damn

props to Cliff Rold for upholding the integrity of boxing

I pray others follow that lead
        Exactly, I was happy to see the one source worth a damn came from BS's own editor. I didn't even know we had an official stance, but, I am fine with being represented by Cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          I'm not even trying to be a dick about this my dude.

I rate Canelo and Pac highly, both are my p4p pick actually, depending on my mood. Canelo, for the present impressiveness but Pac's still here and still the legend so, kinda on merit. Not saying Thurman wasn't impressive just that Thurman alone isn't enough to deseat Canelo.

Anyway, Yeah, Pac's not an 8 division champ, that's just promo BS.

Canelo doesn't get full credit for a WBA-R.

Officially, what makes a belt legit is the co-sign of the other legit bodies. The WBA-S is officially equal to the WBC, IBF, and WBO titles. So says the WBC, IBF, and WBO. When the WBC, IBF, and WBO all agree the WBA-R is equal to something it will have official status. Until then, it's official prestige is limited to only within the confines of the WBA.

Just the way it is my dude. WBC-F means dick, WBA-R means dick, WBA-G means dick, WBC-M means dick.

NABO might get you ranked by the WBO but it means dick to the IBF.

USBA might mean you'll get ranked in the IBF but it means dick to the WBC

EBU might get you ranked by the WBC but it means dick to the WBA

WBA-R might get you an assured uni with WBA-S eventually but to the WBO it means dick.

You get it? We can't allow titles to mean what the body pushing it says it does. If we did the WBC-F would be like the best belt when in actuality it's stripping a WBC champ and handing him a trophy because the IBF, WBA, and WBO will not allow the WBC to make an officially superior to their own title. ...rightly.

Otherwise, ****, man, I think the IBA and WBF are still around. Monte Masters style **** would be all over.

Ring means nothing, Lineal means nothing, TBRB means nothing, Boxrec means nothing, there is only the uneasy developments between bodies.

props to you as well

I 100% agree with the bold

beautiful

Comment

Working...
          X