Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Shoots Down Idea of Being Named WBC Franchise Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.. I'm actually surprised. I figured Wilder would like the idea.. much respect to him if he turns it down. He's actually probably the only WBC Champion worthy of such a distinction due to title defenses, whether you appreciate the opponents or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      Dillian would last 30 seconds against Wilder. Would love to see that fight.

But Dillian will run if he gets an offer, just like he ran twice from signed guaranteed title shots againt AJ this year alone.

Theres a good reason Dillian only fights no names like "Oscar Rivas", and 40 year old bouncers like "Lucas Browne". While running from Ortiz and Parker and any other top 10 guy.
      Maybe.... Maybe not..
      But Whyte was Wilder's mandatory for almost two years before he even popped dirty. That's all im saying.
      Wilder said he loves fighting mandatories but he never fought Whyte. Those are just facts.

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
        no. thats a feeling.

here are some facts:

whyte refused his IBF eliminator for AJ and his WBC eliminator for wilder.

whyte just now became WBC mandatory by beating oscar rivas.
        Whyte was the #1 contender for almost two years for the WBC belt that Wilder has and Wilder never fought him. Those are the facts.
        I'm not a Whyte fan and i don't care if he ducked AJ.
        All im saying is that Wilder never fought Whyte when he was his mandatory so IDK why Wilder says he likes fighting mandatories...
        He sure didn't fight Whyte.

Comment

Spoken like a champ of the pre 90's era! That's rare we see that today.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            Wilder's mandatory has been waiting 2 years...amiright?
            Nope...his mandatory was Brezeale whom he destroyed in 1 in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              Maybe.... Maybe not..
              But Whyte was Wilder's mandatory for almost two years before he even popped dirty. That's all im saying.
              Wilder said he loves fighting mandatories but he never fought Whyte. Those are just facts.
              Wrong. Whyte was ranked #1 in WBC for a while, but was not mandatory as he refused to fight Ortiz and others. Mandatory is different to ranking.

Whyte screamed about fighting AJ too, for 3 belts!!!! then went quiet and ran when the signed contract arrived.

You really think he wants Wilder?...

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                Nope...his mandatory was Brezeale whom he destroyed in 1 in his last fight.
                White was Mandatory long before Brezeale but I get what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                  How are boxing fans finding something negative to say about this?
                  Because they aren't actual boxing fans

Comment

I think White has been fighting a long time to get Wilder. He had the courage to fight AJ, something Ortiz wouldn't do for a career high payday. White truly believes he's better than Wilder.

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                    Wrong. Whyte was ranked #1 in WBC for a while, but was not mandatory as he refused to fight Ortiz and others. Mandatory is different to ranking.

Whyte screamed about fighting AJ too, for 3 belts!!!! then went quiet and ran when the signed contract arrived.

You really think he wants Wilder?...

Comment

That's silly

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Because they aren't actual boxing fans

Comment

Working...
                      X