No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Just carry (not carry, since I'm semantically wrong, but PRODUCE) an ID, follow officers instructions, and none of this happens.

IF HE PRODUCES AN ID, NONE OF THIS HAPPENS
    Exactly.... if I’m asked by law enforcement..... I’ll produce my ID.. I’m not gonna ask why you asking me... in Mexico..... you’d get a beating......

In Tokyo...  Cops randomly ask people for ID   

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Exactly.... if I’m asked by law enforcement..... I’ll produce my ID.. I’m not gonna ask why you asking me... in Mexico..... you’d get a beating......

Exactly. It really is pretty easy

Comment

The Ignore Button challenge

Ok, I'm up for it
        Wonderful!!!

Now I do have a few weekend errands to run, and a car to work on, so it'll be later today or sometime tomorrow before I present my point and offer him the opportunity to attempt to refute it.

I figure once I do offer to engage him on that specific point, it should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          You are refusing to separate written policy from the reputation groups willfully create for themselves & how it shapes the nuanced decisions of human officers.
          Sorry, but black criminals didn't create a reputation for me. That's not the way this works, and that's what you're not understanding for some reason.

Did white collar criminals create a group such that police should just bust up in offices everywhere and investigate white people for white collar crime? It would be ridiculous, no?

It's not a problem you can actually fix on the grand scale with any written policy or disciplinary action. That may give you a sense of vengeance, but it won't make any significant social impact. As long as group C commits far more crime, they're going to be approached differently.
          I'm pretty sure that isn't standard procedure. Policing people differently because of the color of their skin can't be justified in a civilized society, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Exactly. It really is pretty easy

But he gave his ID. So I don't understand why this is an issue.

Comment

they should of called in few abraham tanks and helicopter for back up.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                But he gave his ID. So I don't understand why this is an issue.
                I thought we already covered this. The "ID" the man gave seemingly wasn't government issued. The "ID" the man gave failed to have the man's address and DOB.

If I get stopped by a cop, I can't just hand him my library card and expect that to suffice.

Either way, there's an easy way and a hard way

Comment

I thought we already covered this. The "ID" the man gave seemingly wasn't government issued. The "ID" the man gave failed to have the man's address and DOB.

If I get stopped by a cop, I can't just hand him my library card and expect that to suffice.

Either way, there's an easy way and a hard way
                  What if it's the only ID he has, Glove?

He clearly stated, "How can I give you an ID with my address."

Is it illegal to not have a driver's license? He pulled out his wallet, got out his ID, and handed it over. So now that that failed, what did you want him to do? Take the cop over to the DMV and apply for one there?

Comment

I think its important to uphold the constitutional rights of black citizens and all other citizens. Nobody benefits from innocent people being locked up.

When you guys are theorizing about what those Nazis want, you should always pause and ask if they would benefit. Locking up random innocent people in tax-funded detention centers and turning them into hardened criminals then eventually releasing them back into society? Nobody benefits, nobody wants it. It's a tragic thing that happens due to human error, not a conspiracy to cause universal harm to everyone. Racists are happy when black guys get accounting degrees so the perceived violent threat is removed.

I also think you're missing my point (perhaps on purpose).

Equal treatment is already in the law. There's no police policy saying to pay extra attention to blacks. It's something officers develop on their feet due to the much higher black violent crime rate. That bias is not going to disappear, ever probably.

After the last white Americans are gone do you think it will be at all different? You think the majority non-white police force isn't going to develop the same biases when they encounter the extreme differences in violent crime between asian/hispanic VS black communities?
                    You want to be on team white supremecy so bad. You ethnicity is so called Middle Eastern tho.

Blacks don't do more crime than Whites, it that the law doesn't apply to the dominant society. Called white privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
                      You want to be on team white supremecy so bad. You ethnicity is so called Middle Eastern tho.

Blacks don't do more crime than Whites, it that the law doesn't apply to the dominant society. Called white privilege.
                      I hope this is satire...

Comment

Working...
                      X