Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst commentator.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Leonard finally retired and called fights at ringside, he was constantly talking about himself and what he would have done if he were in with a fighter who was in the ring. Too much ego.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      Are you thinking of Jaime Moore? He's a good one but seems to only do the Fight Night cards.

One thing I notice about the SKY commentators is they keep repeating the same things they said in rounds previous. It's annoying as hell.
      Yeah, Jamie Moore. I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kell Mercury View Post
        Paulie is starting to agitate me now he’s been spending more and more time with the like of Johnny Nelson and Tony Bellew, amongst others such as Froch and Haye I liked that guy last night Darren Barker and was it Dave Coldwell ?
        Paulie is interesting because he's an annoying person who I like in spite of his personality because he's actually insightful. In the Usyk/Bellew fight when he noticed and mentioned a couple of times that Usyk realized he needed to throw more of a looping left hook to land on Bellew and then we saw Usyk throw it a few more times you had to be like, damn, this guy knows exaaactly what he's talking about. He's always making great observations that will, I think, outweigh his personality lol

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Very DRY Coverage overall. Sergio Mora and Chris Mannix are keepers...The Rest Can Go! Brian Kenny is a dry Play by Play guy as well he is better as a HOST not a Play by Play guy at all. The Broadcast Team needs some PERSONALITY for sure! Sky Sports Action Coverage>DAZN
          Totally agree, Mannix knows what he's talking about they should toss out SRL and give Mannix a shot doing commentary, he could easily run up after and do the post-fight interview, that's what Kellerman always did.

Mora is good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
            But he had the epic joke after the lowblow, how long do you take for a blow like that ray? "20 m...uh, a month" Remember, commentators are schooled to give dumbed down versions of what they're seeing.
            I think the problem with Ray isn't that he sounds condescending but more of him being wrong about almost everything happening in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Boxing is a rare bird, in more ways than one. It never ceases to amaze me how the most experienced and even legendary personalities don’t seem to know nearly as much about the sport as one would imagine. At the very least they simply can’t articulate their knowledge. This is in contrast to other sports I’m very familiar with. Take baseball for instance. There are a slew of commentators who impart a wealth of information and obvious wisdom every time they open their mouths — men like Alex Rodriguez and Pete Rose, to name just two. Paulie Malignaggi is one of the precious few boxing commentators that seems to know what the hell he’s talking about. It’s just strange.
              They've taken a lot of shots to the head, even if they're not full on punch-drunk every former boxer that had a long career has brain damage from the collective blows to the dome. There's no way around it. I can hear it when SRL speaks, I can hear it when Roy Jones speaks... and everyone in between.

Another reason is that the pool of known + elite former boxers is pretty small so the odds of finding one who's also a talented commentator are really low.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
                They've taken a lot of shots to the head, even if they're not full on punch-drunk every former boxer that had a long career has brain damage from the collective blows to the dome. There's no way around it. I can hear it when SRL speaks, I can hear it when Roy Jones speaks... and everyone in between.

Another reason is that the pool of known + elite former boxers is pretty small so the odds of finding one who's also a talented commentator are really low.
                Lol The fighters’ brain health probably does have something to do with it. But it always perplexes me how most can’t convey anything but the most rudimentary, even obvious observations. Almost embarrassing, to be honest. And you’re right, the pool of known and talented commentators is very limited. Surely doesn’t help the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
                  Paulie is interesting because he's an annoying person who I like in spite of his personality because he's actually insightful. In the Usyk/Bellew fight when he noticed and mentioned a couple of times that Usyk realized he needed to throw more of a looping left hook to land on Bellew and then we saw Usyk throw it a few more times you had to be like, damn, this guy knows exaaactly what he's talking about. He's always making great observations that will, I think, outweigh his personality lol
                  Don’t get me wrong I’ve said it countlessly on here he’s my favourite I just felt he was going with the script like Froch was that night, kudos where it’s due Froch isn’t a patch on Paulie and won’t ever be.

I’ve always been a fan of Paulie I just don’t like him hanging with these clowns on Matchroom.

Comment

Working...
                  X