Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where's all the threads complaining about hbo commentary?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusting, wished the PPV had a mute the commentary option!

The HBO team was pro GGG with Pom poms abroad ,especially Lampley who gave GGG the benefit of the doubt and said Canelo was faster than the first fight which was horribly wrong and that GGG was taking over the fight! Lol

Lampley has a big infatuation with Eastern Euro’s and Harold Lederman just needs to retire, he gives rounds to the guys who throws more an nothing less which is horrible judging!

Kellerman is becoming a company man more and more and Roy sometimes allows his ego take center stage which is annoying!

Canelo did what he wanted in the ring like he did in the first fight, he wanted to take the fight to GGG an go for the KO and he did that minus the knockout!

Made GGG face look like hamburger meat or roadkill!

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
      HBO was up GGG's arse the whole night..
      You mean Canelo.

If Canelo would have farted, Max Kellerman would have fell out.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
        You mean Canelo.

If Canelo would have farted, Max Kellerman would have fell out.
        LOL, people can't even agree which side the bias of the announcing was on. I agree with you btw.

Up to the 6 and 8 rounds in which I thought GGG was up but could see some having it even, all I could think was Canelo was dominating according to the announcers.

It was either Roy or Max and I can't remember the exact way it was said, but one of them said Canelo was winning the story of the fight. What the hell does that even mean? LOL

Comment

So where's all the threads complaining about hbo commentary?
          Maybe everyone finally turned the volume off or at least down.

I mean its been a known issue with HBO Boxing that they suck off the house fighter all night no matter what is happening in the ring. I find no value in HBO's commentary & haven't in a long time. Even Max, who I still like overall, but used to like more, is asking more & more hack ass questions in the post fight interview. If I could turn off their talking & still hear the ring sounds I would in a second & I look forward to that being a reality when everyone is streaming content vs broadcasting it.

Comment

What happened to ring announcer Michael Buffer?

What happened to the National Anthem?

Buffer has been a main stay on HBO boxing. His trademarked, “Let’s get ready to rumble!” has always been a pre HBO Main event ritual.

Buffer has never been HBO’s official ring announcer (though many of us thought he was). He worked as an independent contractor for promoters whose bouts were broadcast on the network.

And now, the legendary emcee has signed on exclusively with the newly launched streaming outlet, DAZN. That means his days on HBO are done.

“A lot of people assumed for all those years that I was the official announcer for HBO because I had done almost all their fights,” Buffer said.

He added: “I worked on all of them independently. I just stayed that way for all these years.”

I'm sure there was a thread on this site. How I missed it is beyond me!

Comment

Joe Martinez was terrible. Bring back Buffer (Michael not Bruce)

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Disgusting, wished the PPV had a mute the commentary option!

The HBO team was pro GGG with Pom poms abroad ,especially Lampley who gave GGG the benefit of the doubt and said Canelo was faster than the first fight which was horribly wrong and that GGG was taking over the fight! Lol

Lampley has a big infatuation with Eastern Euro’s and Harold Lederman just needs to retire, he gives rounds to the guys who throws more an nothing less which is horrible judging!

Kellerman is becoming a company man more and more and Roy sometimes allows his ego take center stage which is annoying!

Canelo did what he wanted in the ring like he did in the first fight, he wanted to take the fight to GGG an go for the KO and he did that minus the knockout!

Made GGG face look like hamburger meat or roadkill!
                If the ppv had a commentary mute button I wil gladly pay for that option.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  hbo were talking trash as they always do. hbo and many others just stereotype fighters, maybe ggg wasnt 'fighting his fight' but does it really matter when hes landing clean punches. he didnt exactly run lol. its the same with every power puncher, they are stereotyped into being some crude caveman and when they dont knock the other guy out its considered some huge failure and means they 'didnt fight their own fight'. ggg never ever gets any credit for his defence either, im not saying hes exactly floyd mayweather but a lot of them shots hes blocking. lederman got the right score but the commentary was god damn dog****, i cant help thinking its something to do with them wanting canelo to be the face of hbo now ggg is getting older.
                  Aren't both of their contracts with hbo up?

Comment

Working...
                  X