Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime MaTyson vs Motivated Fury: Who would win Objectivaly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don`t think prime Mike Tyson fought anybody as good as Fury is.

Past prime Mike fought 2 guys on Fury`s level and lost badly.

Comment

Mike Tyson resume suggests he would win. There aren't nearly enough good names on Tyson Fury's resume to even suggest that he could be remotely competitive with Mike Tyson.

Sure he has physical and athletic ability but one is going to have to have skill and power in order to defeat Iron Mike. Prime for prime Mike would be the most fundamentally sound, scientific and complete boxer that Fury has ever faced.

Tyson Fury needs to start making some title defenses first before we start comparing him to all-time greats. We all need to slow down on this coronation of Tyson Fury as one of the greatest fighters of all time nonsense.

Comment

Tyson stops him. Fury doesn’t hit hard enough to discourage Mike. Mike was super quick. Imagine what Mike would do when he connects. Remember Cunningham had Fury on his back.

Comment

Has Fury ever fought somebody as small as Mike is?

Comment

Originally posted by Scumnutts View Post
            Tyson stops him. Fury doesn’t hit hard enough to discourage Mike. Mike was super quick. Imagine what Mike would do when he connects. Remember Cunningham had Fury on his back.
            Fury had no respect for Cunningham and went in there trying to take his head off.

A 100% Fury isn't going to do that to Mike Tyson, he'll box off the back foot and tie Mike up if he tries to get inside.

Comment

Don't think Fury is fast enough

Comment

Guys like Tua and Mike Tyson were just too small to deal with big world class heavyweights. Mike would have lost the same way Tua lost to Lennox.

Comment

20 year old Mike Tyson > 20 year old Tyson Fury

30 year old Tyson Fury >>> 30 year old Mike Tyson

"Prime Fury" (What we are seeing now, 270 pounds 32 years old) takes "Prime Tyson" (1988) late and beats him by TKO or decision.

Comment

Prime Mike was capable of knocking pretty much anybody out but both of them on their best day the good big man beats the good little man 9 out of 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                      Who would won objectivaly between Prime Mike and Motivated Fury?

This is probably not a popular opinion but I think fully fit and motivated Fury would have everything to beat even Prime Mike. Dude is 6'8, 6'9 and extremely hard to hit and elusive when he is fully concentrated. Plus could lean on 5:10 Mike whole fight.

But Mike was freak of nature though, even being only 5'10.
                      This is one of my previous posts from a thread about Mike Tyson and Anthony Joshua. I amended it a bit for this thread since we are talking about Iron Mike and the Gypsy King:

I went to Boxrec to take a look back at Tyson's opponents during his prime (1986-1990, or from the Berbick fight to his loss against Buster Douglas), and here is what I found:

Tyson weighed between 215 and 221 for those fights so let's just average it out to 218.

All of his opponents held significant height and reach advantages, however Tyson especially destroyed guys who weighed under 220. (4 KO's, 3 within the first two rounds)

Of course he handled everyone else too, however the guys who weighed in the high 220's and 230's fared better against him on average.

Tyson's two toughest opponents during this stretch were James "Bonecrusher" Smith (6'4" with 82" reach, 233 lbs.) and Buster Douglas (just under 6'4" with 83" reach, 231 lbs.)

Tyson Fury is 6'9" with an 85" reach, and even the super-slimmed down version of Fury weighed 247 for Wlad Klitschko and 256 for the first Wilder fight, which is still way heavier than all of Tyson's opponents during his prime run.

With all that said, I have two predictions:

If Tyson Fury comes in at 270 plus and looks to bulldoze Iron Mike then somebody's getting knocked out early. My money would be on Mike because he was better at in-fighting and he would have the quicker hands on the inside.

If Tyson Fury comes in at 245-255 then he boxes his way to a decision or late stoppage.

That's just my two cents and my research tells me that Iron Mike would have major issues no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                      X