Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

other than the UK,Mexico,Puerto Rico....which other countries are boxing crazy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other than the UK,Mexico,Puerto Rico....which other countries are boxing crazy?

Maybe the USA(depending on the region)?

USSR they have the biggest fights possible

Comment

Japan!!! Philippines too... But only for Filipino fighters in general! Japan has more world champions than Philippines!

Comment

Germany sell out arenas for non German fighters.

Comment

Panama and Nicaragua. Argentina also, to a certain extent. And Cuba, but they have no access to pro boxing, sadly.

Regarding Panama, I live here, and we get fights regularly on national free tv. I'm talking about the fights you get in the US on HBO, Showtime or PBC, the general population here in Panama watches them and is very knowleadgeable about the sport.

Comment

You wont find a worse atmosphere in boxing than in America.

American are more interested in feeding their fat guts than enjoying a night of boxing.

They're about as passionate as a dead rat.

Comment

Boxing is becoming very popular in Japan and their fighters are known for their resilience and die-hard attitude in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                You wont find a worse atmosphere in boxing than in America.

American are more interested in feeding their fat guts than enjoying a night of boxing.

They're about as passionate as a dead rat.
                Costa Rica for sure is worse than the US. There are like a handful of Costa Rican boxers. Hanna Gabriel being the most famous. There were like 3 or so fights in the year I spent there. No one really talks about boxing at all. Its soccer, soccer, soccer as far as sports go. Or the NFL if their ex-pats.

I'm sure there are a ton of countries with a worse atmosphere than the US. Vegas still gets fighters from all over the world fighting high profile fights there like no other boxing venue in the world.

Granted Murican fans suck ass in comparison than other boxing friendly countries. Murican boxing fans are about as supportive as an ex-wife.

Comment

Originally posted by BIPBAP View Post
                  Panama and Nicaragua. Argentina also, to a certain extent. And Cuba, but they have no access to pro boxing, sadly.

Regarding Panama, I live here, and we get fights regularly on national free tv. I'm talking about the fights you get in the US on HBO, Showtime or PBC, the general population here in Panama watches them and is very knowleadgeable about the sport.
                  with all the interest why is Panama so slow to produce talent at the world level?

Comment

Working...
                  X