Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith was a total class act after the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith was a total class act after the fight.

Props. Respect. Like so many Keith didn't make excuses after the fight and accepted the L like a professional. Yeah he talked a lot before the fight (gotta sell the fight), but a lot of fighters could learn from how he conducted himself after the fight.

And he was definitely storming that early deficit of his in the 2nd half of the fight, but that Manny body shot derailed it. It was a hyper competitive fight, Manny had the advantage in the 1st half of the fight and Keith definitely was coming on very strong in the back half. The flash knockdown and the body shot that hurt Keith late was the difference.

But yeah, so much credit to Keith for the class and professionalism post fight. I'll be rooting for him in his next fight.

Yes he was. As I listened to him It was like he was auditioning for a TV job. It is refreshing to see a guy admit he lost though and give the guy that beat him his just due.

Comment

I loved it. Personally I think Deontay Wilder hated on Thurman so hard during the telecast because Thurman's so damn good and charismatic on the mic. Wilder mad jealous Thurman can actually speak.

Comment

You better be a class act after losing to a 40 year old... what else is he supposed to do act like Broner?

Comment

Agreed, Keith Thurman earned a lot of respect for that post fight interview. No excuses and used the lost as a learning experience. Lots of fighters should take a page from Thurman.

Comment

It’s easy to be classy when you shouldn’t even be in the ring.

Comment

Thurman has earned my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I loved it. Personally I think Deontay Wilder hated on Thurman so hard during the telecast because Thurman's so damn good and charismatic on the mic. Wilder mad jealous Thurman can actually speak.
                What did Wilder say?

Comment

No surprise. He got humbled and beat up by an old man after running his mouth for months. You have to be a real ******* to talk **** after that.

Comment

Yeah good on him. He got beat fair and sqaure and he knew it. I dont mind all the pre fight nonsense he likes to spout, its the sport, its what they do, all of them in one way or another. As long as after the fight they can show a bit of reality and appreciation thats all that really matters to me. Its the ones that cant accept what has just happened and make a thousand excuses and accusations that i cant stand.

Comment

Working...
                    X