No announcement yet.

Badou jack on canelo's ko. " fixed"!!??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing101_ View Post
    I dont know if it was fixed, I cant say that one, but one thing certain, That Wasnt The Krusher Kovalev we all known him to be. Thats not the same guy who was in the ring with Andre Ward. He was fighting like he was sparring.
    That’s literally the exact same thought I had when watching last night. It seriously felt like a sparring match than an actual fight to me. I’d never flat out accuse anyone that they took a dive but something really does seem weird about last night’s fight. Even Kovalev’s demeanor in the post fight interview felt really odd. It’s possible he never recovered from his last fight & that he was just really washed up. But it’ll be interesting to see if he fights again & how he looks in that one compared to this in terms of the power behind his shots.

Comment

No fighter today will willingly take part in a fixed fight. Money is not a motivator over pride. Back in the day fights were fixed because the fighters knew their own or families health were at risk due to Mob involvement.

Kov lost because he is shopworn, cherrypicked and well known to gas out in the second half of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        No fighter today will willingly take part in a fixed fight. Money is not a motivator over pride. Back in the day fights were fixed because the fighters knew their own or families health were at risk due to Mob involvement.

Kov lost because he is shopworn, cherrypicked and well known to gas out in the second half of a fight.
        So he forgot how to throw power jabs from the very first bell? Needed to measure distance? Made himself fight short and small instead of tall and reach, as he did his whole career?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          So he forgot how to throw power jabs from the very first bell? Needed to measure distance? Made himself fight short and small instead of tall and reach, as he did his whole career?

Have you not noticed the trend lately? Ever since the second Ward fight he has been so tentative in the ring that he is afraid to put mustard on his punches. He knows himself how vulnerable he is in that he is afraid of getting countered. He simply is not the same fighter he used to be. He has no confidence in his ability to take punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
              Yeah, I heard Kovalev practiced falling like that in the gym.
              Sure looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing101_ View Post
                I dont know if it was fixed, I cant say that one, but one thing certain, That Wasnt The Krusher Kovalev we all known him to be. Thats not the same guy who was in the ring with Andre Ward. He was fighting like he was sparring.
                Facts..... I give Canelo his credit... But i refuse to cut the lights off and take shots of that "Kool-Aid" they love.

Sergey fought like he was sparring!

Comment

Fuxxxk that bum

Comment

Working...
                  X