DNC: White men shouldn't apply for tech jobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNC: White men shouldn't apply for tech jobs

White men need not apply.

That’s the message out of the Democratic National Committee’s hiring team, currently on the hunt to filll multiple vacancies in their tech department.

The political organization, which routinely makes grand statements about inclusion, recently sent an email to its employees looking to recruit people for eight open spots including IT Systems Administrator, Product Manager and Chief Security Officer.

Though the Oct. 30 email says that the DNC is looking for a “staff of diverse voices and life experiences,” it apparently doesn’t mean white men.

DNC’s Data Service Manager Madeleine Leader purportedly wrote in an email that the desire for diversity excludes “cisgender straight white males.”

Leader adds, “I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, as they are already in the majority.”

Cisgender is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned to at birth.

The Daily Wire, which first reported the incident, posted a screenshot of the email sent to DNC insiders.

A request for comment to the DNC was not immediately returned.

Source:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/01/dnc-white-men-shouldnt-apply-for-tech-jobs.html

I don't understand. Doesn't diversity mean hiring White men exclusively? I think if they want a more diverse team they should fill all the spots with White men.

It's important to me that we give no one else a spot.
    Last edited by Sidney Powell; 11-01-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

This is getting crazy! Whatever happened to hiring somebody who can do the job regardless of race???

Comment

I'm a person of color and this is absolute BS and incredibly racist to not hire a person cause of the color of their skin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          White men need not apply.

That’s the message out of the Democratic National Committee’s hiring team, currently on the hunt to filll multiple vacancies in their tech department.

The political organization, which routinely makes grand statements about inclusion, recently sent an email to its employees looking to recruit people for eight open spots including IT Systems Administrator, Product Manager and Chief Security Officer.

Though the Oct. 30 email says that the DNC is looking for a “staff of diverse voices and life experiences,” it apparently doesn’t mean white men.

DNC’s Data Service Manager Madeleine Leader purportedly wrote in an email that the desire for diversity excludes “cisgender straight white males.”

Leader adds, “I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, as they are already in the majority.”

Cisgender is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned to at birth.

The Daily Wire, which first reported the incident, posted a screenshot of the email sent to DNC insiders.

A request for comment to the DNC was not immediately returned.

Source:
          http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tech-jobs.html
          I guess everyone missed the bold.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            yeah, sort of slid by some.

Comment

Hiring SHOULD be done on the basis of most qualified. If I am an employer, I want the best person for the job. Regardless of race, gender, religion, etc. Don't like that rule...get your grades up, develop a strong work ethic, and work harder at being smarter than the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Hiring SHOULD be done on the basis of most qualified. If I am an employer, I want the best person for the job. Regardless of race, gender, religion, etc. Don't like that rule...get your grades up, develop a strong work ethic, and work harder at being smarter than the next guy.
                Are you sure the "majority" whites already there were selected based on merit? How certain can you be that they won't find a "minority matching the best credential of a white candidate?

Comment

Nope.

It's right there and easily read and comprehended by myself.

Did you perhaps miss something there?

Comment

Are you sure the "majority" whites already there were selected based on merit? How certain can you be that they won't find a "minority matching the best credential of a white candidate?
                    That is for employers to determine based upon resume, college transcripts, and professional work experience. Those are the criteria used to determine who is most qualified. Not country or origin, race, or gender.

Comment

Working...
                    X