Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look Back In Anger II: Rereviewing Wladski "Wlad" Klitschko vs. David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fight was not good. haye did not have anything to hurt wlad.

Comment

I think I'm the only one who gives Haye a pass. A broken toe would make boxing impossible.

Comment

Haye is a phenomenal talent, but was there to survive mostly, after feeling Wladimir's power... I had Wladimir winning comfortably...

Comment

David Haye and Sultan Ibragimov were probably the only two boxers who faced Wlad in his prime and didn't get absolutely destroyed. Outside of his post interview, Haye was just outclassed and had no answer for the bigger, taller and long guy. He did talk the talk though but let's face it, at least this guy isn't Adrien Broner level of horrible when it comes to talking crap and not backing it up

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            I actually respected David Haye before this fight. He was a fighter who strung together pretty combinations with decent handspeed and good power. He looked like a skillful heavyweight should look.

But his total impotence in this fight made me turn on him forever. How are you going to be a dish then fail to deliver any money shots? It's a total waste of talent.

I would have respected him more if he had taken a chance, risked himself to land a few Hayemakers even if it led to him getting knocked out cold. At least go out on your shield.

He fought too scared and didn't show heart in my opinion.
            I'd agree with that. I believe that Danny Williams took a few shots on the way in when he laid down a one-sided beating of Vitali.

After their fight, Danny was back in the ring within months, while Vitali was in hospital for over three years with spinal injuries. Vitali should be grateful that Jay Nady waved it off, realising that he couldn't take any more, and that Danny was too dangerous for him.

Comment

If haye's name was Floyd he walks away with a wide UD for outboxing wlad. he was just unlucky being born in the wrong body

Comment

Comment

Yeah, that song inspired it.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  If haye's name was Floyd he walks away with a wide UD for outboxing wlad. he was just unlucky being born in the wrong body
                  I believe it was you who came up with the brilliant statement that Henry Akinwande cries himself to sleep knowing that he missed out on the Akinwande era of dominance.

Comment

Working...
                  X