Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Rigondeaux is ruining his career and shouldn't be on the P4P list.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Rigondeaux is ruining his career and shouldn't be on the P4P list.

Last night was god awful, literally one of the worst fights I have ever seen.

His opponent had a record of 28-3-1, two fights before he got knocked out in 2 minutes at a weightclass below.

Rigondeaux is complaining he never gets any recognition, and people want him in their top 10 or even 5 P4P. This was a guy he should destroy. I'm not saying he should knock the guy out every time to be popular. But he should win in spectacular fashion, showing his brilliant skills and being explosive. He even got tagged pretty hard a few times by right hands.

Last night he was on a PPV card of one of the biggest fights in recent time and had a huge audience watching him. This was his chance to shine and get new fans and by getting more fans getting more money which he thinks he deserves. He failed on every account proving he only cares about himself, has no ability to change it up, has no desire to please the fans and be exciting.

If I never see him fight again I would be OK with that. There is no doubt he is supremely skilled but he doesn't really use it as much as he should. You could argue it was ring rust, but IMHO i don't think it was, he had a lot of opportunities but he never took them.

Where do you rank him P4P after last night? IMO, honestly he is HIGHLY SKILLED, but he is not in my top 10 anymore. No risk, no reward.

I missed his fight, I walked in towards the end of the last under card fight. I kind of thought he was going to be the last under card fight.

His last fight vs that Japanese fighter wasn't bad, so what was wrong with this fight? What was he doing?

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
      I missed his fight, I walked in towards the end of the last under card fight. I kind of thought he was going to be the last under card fight.

His last fight vs that Japanese fighter wasn't bad, so what was wrong with this fight? What was he doing?
      He waited (as he usually does) but this time when his opponent gave him an opening he didn't do anything. At one point after pressing the entire fight the opponent stopped and told Rigo to attack, lowered his hands and waited for 20-30 seconds, Rigo didn't even step towards him. At many points his opponent missed so bad Rigo could have KO'd him easily but instead he didn't even jab him, he stepped away.

I've heard his fight against the japanese dude wasnt bad, thats the only fight of his I have not seen. The best word to describe it was frustrating, you know he is skilled enough to crush the guy but he is content to baaarely winning each round by barely throwing a punch and literally never leading..

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post

no you didnt. You missed wasting 30 minutes of your life

Comment

I'm not putting too much stock in it.

It was a really poor performance but given he's been inactive and had only a weeks notice...somewhat understandable.

The concern is he's getting old. At those weight classes, 35+ is ancient. How much is rust and how much is decline?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

It was a really poor performance but given he's been inactive and had only a weeks notice...somewhat understandable.

The concern is he's getting old. At those weight classes, 35+ is ancient. How much is rust and how much is decline?
            Yes good point, i somewhat agree.. but the thing is, it didn't even look like he tried or wanted to look good...

Comment

good post. Agree with all of this

Comment

Rigonduck should stop hiding from Loma

but I guess he's happy fighting handpicked bums and still stinking out the joint, like he did last night

Comment

I agree with this post, Rigo needs to get back into the ring ASAP.

Comment

I've pretty much given up on him. Waste of talent imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X