Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Let's say Vera beats Chavez Jr; how do you rate his resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Let's say Vera beats Chavez Jr; how do you rate his resume?

Dzinzurik
    undefeated Andy Lee
    Sergio Mora x2

possibly Chavez Jr?

Pretty damn good if you ask me

That is fantastic. Vera isn't a great fighter altogether, but I think that would be good enough to allow him to leave the category of 'gatekeeper' forever.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Dzinzurik
      undefeated Andy Lee
      Sergio Mora x2

possibly Chavez Jr?

Pretty damn good if you ask me
      Vera is underrated. Best fighter from Austin since Jesus Chavez.

Comment

It's decent, I don't think any of those guys were even ranked top 10 at the time he beat them

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          It's decent, I don't think any of those guys were even ranked top 10 at the time he beat them
          I'm pretty sure Andy Lee was top 10....

If Dzinzurik wasn't top 10 it was because of his long layoff, not caliber of fighters since his only loss was to Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I'm pretty sure Andy Lee was top 10....

If Dzinzurik wasn't top 10 it was because of his long layoff, not caliber of fighters since his only loss was to Martinez
            How could he be top 10, who did he beat at that point (or ever). I'm pretty sure he wasn't even top 30

Dzinzurik was off for like 3 years, and when he fought after that he looked like ****. He has a draw with a fat out of shape prospect in Gonzalez right before Vera. He maybe have been borderline top 10 at 154 when he faced Sergio, but nowhere near that when he faced vera

Comment

Very solid for him not being any kind of a special athlete but just tough and dedicated to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                How could he be top 10, who did he beat at that point (or ever). I'm pretty sure he wasn't even top 30

Dzinzurik was off for like 3 years, and when he fought after that he looked like ****. He has a draw with a fat out of shape prospect in Gonzalez right before Vera. He maybe have been borderline top 10 at 154 when he faced Sergio, but nowhere near that when he faced vera
                You know you can say what you want about "rankings" and all this other stuff, but point of the matter is Vera wasn't supposed to win not one of those fights.

Lee was hyped by steward as the next big thing in the MW division and Dzinzurik was a HUGE win for Sergio at the time, which was his only loss prior to Vera. Say what you want about all that other stuff.

Even in the Sergio Mora fight; only other guy to beat Sergio was Vernon Forrest. Again, Vera was supposed to be a stepping stone like he was with Kirkland.

Comment

haha not going to happen though. No matter how out of shape Chavez is he never runs into stamina problems.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
                    haha not going to happen though. No matter how out of shape Chavez is he never runs into stamina problems.
                    Considering the weight situation with Chavez, I would hope so that he wins.

If not, he obviously sucks and needs to retire

Comment

Working...
                    X