No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Credits His Improvement To Hunter, Garcia Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Credits His Improvement To Hunter, Garcia Loss

Amir Khan has vowed to reinvent himself as "a totally different fighter" when he aims to bounce back from two successive defeats this weekend.

The Bolton light-welterweight is under intense pressure to beat Carlos Molina in Los Angeles on Saturday after a miserable 12 months.

A year ago he controversially lost his WBA title to Lamont Peterson, only to be subsequently reinstated when it emerged that Peterson had been using synthetic testosterone. However, he lost his next fight too when Danny Garcia knocked him silly in a fourth-round stoppage win in Las Vegas in July.

[Click Here To Read More]

Is it me or does Khan have an interview every day?

We the people will be the judge of your new found self....lol

Comment

I can't wait to see how Khan looks. I want to see him box like Arguello (never gonna happen but still, he's tall and long), sit down on his punches, play defense and basically just not be a spaz. That must have been what he was alluding to, "I can think now, I'm not a spaz anymore!" - Khan

Comment

I hate this misconception that Khan was dominating the Garcia fight from the start, and I find it even more laughable when people suggest Khan would "beat Garcia 9 times out of 10." Garcia has tremendous timing and underrated ring smarts, two qualities which Khan has never been known for. Timing beats speed. I actually hope a rematch happens because Danny will knock Khan out again. Amir got a reality check against Garcia, but still his head seems stuck up his as$.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
          I hate this misconception that Khan was dominating the Garcia fight from the start, and I find it even more laughable when people suggest Khan would "beat Garcia 9 times out of 10." Garcia has tremendous timing and underrated ring smarts, two qualities which Khan has never been known for. Timing beats speed. I actually hope a rematch happens because Danny will knock Khan out again. Amir got a reality check against Garcia, but still his head seems stuck up his as$.
          Bro, I agree 100 percent. I actually made a thread recently about this. Because Garcia doesn't have the quickest hands, people instantly assumed he didn't have boxing skills. When it's quite the contrary. He TIMED Khan, just like he timed Morales with the same exact punch, and put him out cold. That's two fights in a row, that he's done virtually the same exact thing, and ending the fight in virtually the same exact manner.

Garcia isn't a conventional boxer so to speak, but what he does is similar to what Orlando Salido does, they kind of walk you down, draw leads from you, and as you throw, they make you fall short, and time you with hooks. What they do is a form of counter-punching. Just not conventional counter-punching like Floyd, Hopkins, Marquez, Ward etc. do. No to mention, Garcia had I believe 130 amateur fights, and won 117 of them. So, that tells you right there, that the kid has skills, he's just not flashy with them, kind of like Ward for example, just in a different way.

The only person I'd I'm almost positive would beat Garcia at 140 is Marquez, but everyone else at 140 I'd favor Garcia over. Matthysse would be tough obviously but I'd still pick Garcia over him, because I personally feel he's a bit more ring smart.

Honestly, I don't think Garcia will get full credit for his skills, accomplishments etc. until he's beaten virtually everyone he can.

Comment

I guarantee you that in the rematch, Khan will coast to an easy UD victory, Garcia has power but if Khan just boxes, and negates that left hook, easy night.

Comment

"Were ready for this guy" like Molina is p4p champ lol

Comment

Kahn aka the deluded prick, dos not deserve a trainer as great as Hunter.

Comment

Misconception? It's the truth. "Great timing" = close you eyes and swing? Khan would beat him easily, and so would a lot of fighters. Yes, garcia has a bit of power, but he hasn't got any skills. Go in and out and you'll be fine. And Khan did beat him up for the first couple of rounds, look at his face after 4 rounds.

Comment

Khan - Garcia kind of reminds me of Pacquiao-Marquez....Khan COULD win on points because of his more active fighting style...but Garcia's timing is what won him the fight...he dropped Morales with that same left hook...he times it...it isn't just him throwing wild punches and it just so happens to be that left hook that lands every time...

he knows how to fight patiently, strong, balanced and keep his composure

Comment

Working...
                    X